• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today He should have been six

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
But he's not, because I suck.

This guy was the best friend i ever had. He gave me so much and my heart broke when he left me here. My essence is buried with him in the garden. Maybe I'll post some pictures later know, but this is his video (It's a bit long, and because of lack of pictures and video footage I couldn't make my normal sort of video). Also, I was a rubbish owner. Since then I have changed my ways so much. I know I sucked, but that doesn't mean I didn't love him, because I absolutely did.

I wish I knew then what I do now; he would likely still be here.

Anyway, I give you My Best Friend Flash (this is 8 mons long or something)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgckhYV2pg

What a beautiful rabbit. :love:

And you can't live in the past. Without him you wouldn't have learned what you know now. It must hurt a lot. I think about my first rabbit Lopsie a lot in that way. What his life would have been like if I had him now. But at the end of the day I did my best. Just like you did your very best. And that's all we can do. You loved him, he loved you. And I can see by the video he was very happy. :)

So happy birthday little man. Celebrate the good times. :wave:

*hugs*

We all have to start somewhere and learn from things we haven't got right in the past.

I think about my Thumper. I had her when I was about 11 for a few years (she was 3 when I rescued her and was never neutered) I often think and wish I had her now as life would be so much better for her. A long time ago now, but I still think about her.

But at least he had a loving owner and is probably smiling down from the bridge feeling proud of where you are and what you have achieved now:)

if what happened didnt happen then maybe you wouldnt know all the things you do now.... and then you wouldnt be able to help so many people.
thinking of you.

Flash was such a dinky wee lad.

Sadly there just wasn't the right info available in the past as there is now. We can only do what we think best at the time based on the info we have. If that info is wrong then that's not your blame.:(

((Hugs))

He was absolutely beautiful. I'm sure you gave him the absolute best you could, with what you knew at the time.

I feel exactly the same sentiments about my loss of Scrappy, she would have been six and a half.

Thank guys. I think knowing he should be here just brings it back home how rubbish I was. I can't change it, I can only do what I can now. However, as bad as this may sound.

He was a real cutie, I would say i wish i knew what i know now, when i had Jacques, he died 5 years ago. :( I feel for you

What a beautiful rabbit. :love:

And you can't live in the past. Without him you wouldn't have learned what you know now.....You loved him, he loved you. And I can see by the video he was very happy. :)

Such a happy and confident little bunny.

Thinking of you. x

What a beautiful boy he was.
He know you loved him.
Everyone makes mistakes and the key is to learn from it which you know you have.Maybe it was not even your mistake just lack of knowlege.
Try and take comfort in all the love and help you have given to so many rabbits and rabbit owners since.
Thinking of you.;)

Aww, loved the video - what a lovely, funny, full of personality little bun.

I think many of us here will have similar feelings - if only I knew then what I know now, I know I certainly made mistakes and still do but I always try my best and try to learn from any mistakes made. RU has helped me do that too.

:wave:

That video is beautiful and heartwarming, bought many tears to my eyes though :(

Happy 6th Birthday Flash, I hope you are looking down on your mummy and you are proud of her and what she has done in your memory, I know we all are

im not sure of the story behind flash but that video is a wonderful tribute to him. had me in tears by the end of it :cry:

you obviously loved each other very much xx

Back