• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is best to use?

Megazorb is the best. NEVER use sawdust as its bad for bunnies. You can buy Megazorb online and you get it in a huge sack that can last ages depending how many rabbits you have and it only costs about £7:)

Luke, will your rabbit be indoors or outdoors?

for my indoor rabbits I just have a litter tray lined with newspaper and hay on top.

When i had outdoor buns their hutch was floored with vinyl, they had a litter tray as above, and also a box stuffed with hay so they could keep warm.

sorry for all the questions people just trying to do things right.
few more qs
what is the best brand and type of food to use?
also straw/hay types and brands?
do buns need any added vitimins or supplements added to water or food.
if anyone has any tips of advice for me i would be very greatfull
thanks
also can anyone recomend any good website for bunny supplies and toys

Last edited:
few more qs
thanks

Ask away, it's great to research rabbits (well any pet) before you get them :wave:

Type of food would be a pellet type instead of a mixture, ones like Excel or Science Selective. I use Excel. Also pellets aren't an important part of a rabbits diet, only give limited amounts.

I get the Ings hay from a website called Hay For Pets, it's great my rabbits love it and it's brilliant quality. You can also get good hay from a website called The Hay Experts or buy a bale from a farm if there is any near you.

A rabbit's diet should be approximately 80% hay, 10% pellets (food) and 10% vegetables. Green veg like cabbage or herbs like parsley are best.

I usually get some cheap hay from Wilkinson's and sue that for litter trays and bedding. They love to eat it but I also get fancy hay for them as well. It's a treat that's good for them. :)

Fruit is a good treat in moderation too.

few more qs
thanks
also can anyone recomend any good website for bunny supplies and toys

Stay clear of museli type foods with all different things in, the rabbit will only eat the bits it likes and leave the others, therefore not getting a balanced diet, the best brands to use are Burgess Excell or Science Selective which are an all in one type nugget food so they get all the needed nutrition without selective feeding. They also need unlimited Hay to eat, you can buy it from Pets at home or www.hayexperts.com or www.hayforpets.com (which is better quality than Pets at Home).

I don't add any vitamins or extras to my buns, they just get a small handful of pellets then a lot of grass/hay and some veggies every day and they get all they need from that :)

There are a lot of websites for pet toys, but I can't think of any off the top of my head, mine love an empty tissue box stuffed with hay and lots of tasty treats like herbs and carrot mixed in with the hay, cheap and easy and keeps them entertained for ages :)

I put a carpeted matt down on the floor of his cage and a litter pan in one corner. I vacuum it or wash it or buy new ones as needed (they're 5 bucks). It's low pill so he can't pull it up or chew it and it keeps him comfy.

Back