• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits get grumpy when hungry?

In a word - Yes!

If I am much too late with Boucers evening meal I don't half know about it :roll::lol:

Not so much grumpy but destructive-digging, chewing, jumping up on things!! I lost the edge of my rug yesterday due to supper being half an hour later than usual!!

I must admit, I have set my alarm clock to wake me up in the morning to feed my buns. If I even dare to sleep an extra 5 minutes over, my french lop Darcy jumps on top of me and walks all over me until I get up and feed them pronto!!:lol:

I dared to try and tidy the run before giving the buns their bowl of food the other week. For my trouble Pat had a full on growl, scrabble and bite at my sleeve, was a thick and loose sleeve of a fleece so no damage done. It was her way of saying "stop messing with our rubbish, we like it like that, GIMME MY DINNER!"

Its weird because the exact same time tonight and last night capri has become really destructive and also keeps humping poor mylo and then as soon as she is fed at 9:30pm she calms down!

If I take too long giving Oscar his food he gets grumpy and stomps at me. If i'm still to slow he will try and nip me :shock:

If I take too long giving Oscar his food he gets grumpy and stomps at me. If i'm still to slow he will try and nip me :shock:

Mylo is worse in the morning and capri seems to be worse at night :lol: I plan on having a lie in 2moro cos its my birthday so i will have 2 very grumpy buns when i wake up, they have lots of hay to eat so they will have to eat that :lol:

YES! I came home from work this morning and went upstairs and all I heard was thumping and toys being thrown. I then fed them, then silence! :lol:

Mylo is worse in the morning and capri seems to be worse at night :lol: I plan on having a lie in 2moro cos its my birthday so i will have 2 very grumpy buns when i wake up, they have lots of hay to eat so they will have to eat that :lol:

:lol::lol: That's the attitude I take with Oscar, it's not like his breakfast an hour late will kill him. Typical you have one morning and one night, keep you on your toes :lol:

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow! :wave:

:lol::lol: That's the attitude I take with Oscar, it's not like his breakfast an hour late will kill him. Typical you have one morning and one night, keep you on your toes :lol:

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow! :wave:

Nope, i will be eating later tomorrow so they can live with it :roll:

Thanks, my new bunny capri was for my birthday so i have ended up with my present a few days earlier :D

no, but i do!

actually, if i'm around and they haven't been fed, they let me know by throwing things around. i always think of it as demanding service, rather than being grumpy, though.

7:30am on the dot god forbid im late she waits till i get down then charges round throwing things around...
even the babies are getting sulky and foody time:shock:

no, but i do!

actually, if i'm around and they haven't been fed, they let me know by throwing things around. i always think of it as demanding service, rather than being grumpy, though.

My husband says capri is just like me cos i get very grumpy when i am hungry too!

If i dont feed them when they think they should be fed then they throw the litter trays and toys around and make it so i have to clean the cage to find the food bowl so they have to wait longer :lol: Susie will sit there stomping tho she is my stressy susie she thumps if your watching something she doesnt like on tv to until you turn it over.

Back