• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mom and Dad found a rabbit today

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Dad went out into their front garden and spotted something behind a bush. When he looked it was a pet rabbit! He and Mom tried to catch it but it was very scared and kept running off.

The neighbours came out and tried to help but they couldn't catch it.

Mom phoned the RSPCA and a lady came out, complete with large net and, after a long chase, managed to catch it!

It was a sandy coloured female lionhead.

The lady said they will keep her for 2 weeks before putting her up for rehoming. Mom went round all the nearby houses but no luck so has put a notice in the newsagents saying where the rabbit has been taken.

Hopefully the owner will come forward!

Well done to your parents for trying to catch the bun and calling the rspca :)
I hope the bunny finds its owner soon, if not then i hope the bunny finds a new loving home soon :love:

Dad went out into their front garden and spotted something behind a bush. When he looked it was a pet rabbit! He and Mom tried to catch it but it was very scared and kept running off.

The neighbours came out and tried to help but they couldn't catch it.

Mom phoned the RSPCA and a lady came out, complete with large net and, after a long chase, managed to catch it!

It was a sandy coloured female lionhead.

The lady said they will keep her for 2 weeks before putting her up for rehoming. Mom went round all the nearby houses but no luck so has put a notice in the newsagents saying where the rabbit has been taken.

Hopefully the owner will come forward!

That was very kind of your parents - a lot of people wouldn't have bothered ('"it's just a rabbit"). Hope the owners come forward.

Apparently, quite a few people were helping when they saw what Mom and Dad were trying to do! My parents are both 76 years old, though very young at heart and sprightly!

I hope her owners get her back soon, and that they didn't let her out deliberately(which I'm sure they didnt :)
It was really nice of you parents to help get her safe :D

I hope her owners get her back soon, and that they didn't let her out deliberately(which I'm sure they didnt :)
It was really nice of you parents to help get her safe :D

Mom did say she hoped bunny hadn't been deliberately set free :(

Hopefully, she had just escaped and someone will see the notice in the newsagents.

Hope her owners come forward :( If she had been deliberately set free then I hope she gets a new and lovely home in 2 weeks time.

Back