• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have a smoke alarm in your buns kennel

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
So the kennel has been ordered *excited*, do you have a smoke alarm in your kennel or sheds, or any other type of alarm?

I don't have a shed or kennel but it never occured to me to put a smoke alarm in there, good idea :D

The noise from the smoke alarm would be so alarming to the rabbits they could die of shock.

If you could find a silent smoke sensor that sets off an alarm in your house, that would be a good idea.

A siren inside their home is not a good idea. :?

The noise from the smoke alarm would be so alarming to the rabbits they could die of shock.

If you could find a silent smoke sensor that sets off an alarm in your house, that would be a good idea.

A siren inside their home is not a good idea. :?

What about house rabbits as most people have smoke alarms in their homes don't they?

What about house rabbits as most people have smoke alarms in their homes don't they?

Inside a kennel they would be a lot louder than in a room in a house, but house rabbits could still be affected. I would think about disabling the smoke alarm in the actual room that a rabbit was living in with no means of escape. It's a difficult balance though. Ideally you want a proper centralised fire alarm system where you can place the sirens where you want them but have sensors in every room.

I agree with Tim really. We have smoke alarms but they are not in the rooms where the bunnies are.

Inside a kennel they would be a lot louder than in a room in a house, but house rabbits could still be affected. I would think about disabling the smoke alarm in the actual room that a rabbit was living in with no means of escape. It's a difficult balance though. Ideally you want a proper centralised fire alarm system where you can place the sirens where you want them but have sensors in every room.

OK thanks

I have a smoke detector in my shed with my bunnies. I tested it and they were fine. I have a baby monitor in there with the connecting bit in our house so we could hear better if it went off. I was using a heater in the winter before I got my guinea pigs heating pads and thought it was best to be safe. I would rather them hear the noise of the smoke alarm than die from smoke inhalation.

If I didn't have heat pads maybe I wouldn't have it. But I'm paranoid about fires.

Back