• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Basil - daft question

VickyC83

Mama Doe
Is it ok to give it to buns? I've bought some for Bunzle....and I've researched and stuff. But it smells so strong :shock:I don't want to knock him off his bumpers :lol:

It's very popular ... but not with Spenser. When I tried it with him he wouldn't eat anything until I had removed the offending leaves from the hutch. :roll: He's anything but typical though.

It's very popular ... but not with Spenser. When I tried it with him he wouldn't eat anything until I had removed the offending leaves from the hutch. :roll: He's anything but typical though.

:)
Bunzle had a chew on it n is looking disgusted haha

All the common culinary herbs are fine for buns EXCEPT chives/onions/garlic/bay. after that it's individual bunny preference.
Thumper makes me laugh cos he chin scents all his food (As if I'd steal it from him!) I can predict he won't eat strongly aromatic herbs. When I gave him thyme he chinned it, got cross that the chinning hadn't worked & rubbed his whole face in it, & then had a major strop, vehemently attacking the thyme cos IT had outscented HIM! :lol:

mine :love: herbs!

blousy likes basil best, lula prefers dill and buddy is into corriander.

i also buy both flat leaf and curly parsley, sage, mint and thyme.. i accidently got lemon thyme last week and they loved it! :)

All the common culinary herbs are fine for buns EXCEPT chives/onions/garlic/bay. after that it's individual bunny preference.
Thumper makes me laugh cos he chin scents all his food (As if I'd steal it from him!) I can predict he won't eat strongly aromatic herbs. When I gave him thyme he chinned it, got cross that the chinning hadn't worked & rubbed his whole face in it, & then had a major strop, vehemently attacking the thyme cos IT had outscented HIM! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

matthew and tabitha like parsley, mint, basil and thyme. the strong ones stay on their breath for hours. i hate a 'basil-breath' bunny, but they like it so i just have to cope :oops::lol:

Back