• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have had to rehome my buns

kirst25

Alpha Buck
My shifts at work are changing and not going to be at home as much as I was before so they have gone to a lady in my village who works for a rescue and then she will take them there to rehome :(
I couldnt bare to leave them on there own as it was :(

So what are your new shifts changing to?

Why do you need to rehome them, because you aren't going to be around?

Rabbits are (on the whole) much happier with each other than humans. They dont necessarily need human attention.

Does that change your mind, or is convincing you going to be a losing battle from the off? You could always take them back...

Just curious.

If the rescue is as full to capacity as we are then they possibly won't get much human attention there either and in our experience pairs of rabbits get overlooked.:cry:

Are you absolutely sure you need to rehome them:(

If the rescue is as full to capacity as we are then they possibly won't get much human attention there either and in our experience pairs of rabbits get overlooked.:cry:

Are you absolutely sure you need to rehome them:(

I'd agree your home is probably the best place for them- Rescues can only get so much attention- usually during feeding, cleaning and general care- nail clipping etc. Other than that - there is a limited amount of one to one love that you can fit in especially since most rescues are run by one or two people.

Could you keep them for now and advertise them on here and Rabbit Rehome?

Seems a little unfair to burden a rescue when they are probably quite happy without your attention?

My shifts at work are changing and not going to be at home as much as I was before so they have gone to a lady in my village who works for a rescue and then she will take them there to rehome :(
I couldnt bare to leave them on there own as it was :(

That's such a shame. As others have said, if they are a pair they don't need too much human attention. You obviously have already made up your mind, though, so hope they find a good home.:cry::cry::cry:

Back