• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Need Help Plz Help!!!! Can Some One Answer My Question On Page 3 Plz

shadow05

Mama Doe
scooters now decided that he doesnt wanna use the litter tray or even the cage bottom anymore to pee in and now pees on the floor with isnt a good idea my moms told me that if i dont sort him out shell put him in pot.:shock:

i was thinking since i dont have any white vinegar to deodoursize the area would bicarb work as well.

i was also thinking about putting him back into his old cage until i can sort him out properly.

plz helpme and tell me wat i shud do cause im not sure.

Last edited:
anybody plz i think the peeing in that place has become a habit. theres not a lot tht i think i can do about it.:(

Not too impatient, are you? :p :lol:

I appreciate this is frustrating, but i also want to re-iterate, rabbits arent the perfect pet. They wont always use a litter tray, they wont always not chew something. Its a totally natural way of acting.

I for example, have one bun, who is 100% litter trained, never goes outside of it. Then another, who will go pretty much wherever and whenever she wants.

One who doesnt chew even if you give her the cable and one who will find the cable you never knew was there.

Important questions:
It probably is a behaviour he has learnt. What do you do when he does it? How do you react?

Does he seem to do it at any particular stage of the day, or after something you've done?

I appreciate this is frustrating, but i also want to re-iterate, rabbits arent the perfect pet. They wont always use a litter tray, they wont always not chew something. Its a totally natural way of acting.

I for example, have one bun, who is 100% litter trained, never goes outside of it. Then another, who will go pretty much wherever and whenever she wants.

One who doesnt chew even if you give her the cable and one who will find the cable you never knew was there.

Important questions:
It probably is a behaviour he has learnt. What do you do when he does it? How do you react?

Does he seem to do it at any particular stage of the day, or after something you've done?

I swear B and G are like dopplegangers of my two :lol:

Have you tried putting the litter tray where she/he is weeing??

Has he had his litter tray taken away from him for a bit at all? Beano and Gordon had to spend a couple of days inside a couple of weeks ago and I didn't bring their litter tray in as it was too big so they used a smaller one and now they are back out Beano doesn't use it all the time, she'll now go wherever she wants in the hay and ocassionally does wee in random corners. As Graham said, not all with use a tray all the time.

Important questions:

i dont do anything i know hes not doing it intentionally it because that area smells like his wee that why i think hes doing it. but im just guessing. its not anything that i am doing. in fact ive not done anything about it yet cause im not sure of how how to prociede.

also i am srry im getting inpatient its just that my laptops not working and im having to borrow oneof my broths comps. srry again :oops:

Has he had his litter tray taken away from him for a bit at all? Beano and Gordon had to spend a couple of days inside a couple of weeks ago and I didn't bring their litter tray in as it was too big so they used a smaller one and now they are back out Beano doesn't use it all the time, she'll now go wherever she wants in the hay and ocassionally does wee in random corners. As Graham said, not all with use a tray all the time.

well he did have a litter tray but i learnt that he had stopped using it and was now using the floor so i took it out and started using the cage bottom instead.

im just wondering if i put his litter tray back in will he use it.

i need to get him back to using either the cage bootom or his litter tray quick before my mom kills me.:shock:

i thought by locking him in his cage at night that it might help with this cause then he might understand that its were he should go u know its sort of like his base.

well he did have a litter tray but i learnt that he had stopped using it and was now using the floor so i took it out and started using the cage bottom instead.

im just wondering if i put his litter tray back in will he use it.

i need to get him back to using either the cage bootom or his litter tray quick before my mom kills me.:shock:

i thought by locking him in his cage at night that it might help with this cause then he might understand that its were he should go u know its sort of like his base.

You might actually find that has the oppositve affect and he'll think "oh, im being bunny, thats naughty and im being put in my prison for it" if you see where im coming from.

I'm a bit of a pro when it comes to litter trays :lol:

What type of tray does he have? Does he have hay anywhere other than the litter tray?

Sorry for all the questions, its difficult to understand when its not your bunny.

You need to clean the area with white vinegar to get rid of the smell, put hay in his litter tray and no where else (maybe hay rack above litter tray) then, for a few days put newspaper down everywhere...when he pees on the news paper tear it off and put it in the litter tray, clean the area with white vinegar. He should learn where to go soon enough :wave:

he did use to use it but for some reason that i cant figure out why he stopped using it. ill try him back with it and see wat happens

Ill bunnies often lose litter tray habbits. Have you noticed any changes in his behaviour apart from that?

You might actually find that has the oppositve affect and he'll think "oh, im being bunny, thats naughty and im being put in my prison for it" if you see where im coming from.

I'm a bit of a pro when it comes to litter trays :lol:

What type of tray does he have? Does he have hay anywhere other than the litter tray?

Sorry for all the questions, its difficult to understand when its not your bunny.

oh right then ill not do that then. he has 2 litter trays they are both from pets at home but this is his current one:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/litter-tray-by-clean-n-tidy-26666

as for the other one it is the same but its bigger. i stopped using his first one because it got badly stained and didnt look that good. i keptit around just in case i wanted to use it as a digging tray later.

he did use to have hay in the litter tray and in the cage bottom. at the moment im using the cage bottom as the litter and the hay is in it too.

Ill bunnies often lose litter tray habbits. Have you noticed any changes in his behaviour apart from that?

yes i have actually i know im not with him most of the time bit his habits have gotten worser whether he is in the pen or free ranging. i know its natural for a rabbit to dig and chew things but it has gone a bit too far at the moment its a constant thing whether im in the room or not. he thumps quite a lot too now even if im not in the room

he even does it to my mom and they get on quite well. if anything hes more behaved for her than me lol i think its cause he knows she measn business lol :shock:

You need to clean the area with white vinegar to get rid of the smell, put hay in his litter tray and no where else (maybe hay rack above litter tray) then, for a few days put newspaper down everywhere...when he pees on the news paper tear it off and put it in the litter tray, clean the area with white vinegar. He should learn where to go soon enough :wave:

i cant do this because i havent got any money at all and we dont have any white vinegar in the house and i cant put newspaper down cause he likes to eat it for some reason :roll:. this rabbit is a pain in the bum.

i cant do this because i havent got any money at all and we dont have any white vinegar in the house and i cant put newspaper down cause he likes to eat it for some reason :roll:. this rabbit is a pain in the bum.

Normal vinegar will do...a bottle cost less that a pound

shall i just put his litter tray in the same place hes weeing in and find some way to make it so that it will stay there. if i cant get him to use it then ill have to put him in his cage which i really dont wanna do cause i know wats hes likes. :(

shall i just put his litter tray in the same place hes weeing in and find some way to make it so that it will stay there. if i cant get him to use it then ill have to put him in his cage which i really dont wanna do cause i know wats hes likes. :(

Yeah put the litter tray where he wants to go :wave:

Back