• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets in a Disaster?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Writing our blog today I got myself very depressed, in all these natural disasters as well as man made ones (such as house fires) what do people do with their pets? Do you have a disaster plan? I have one for nearly everything, including aliens and zombies... :shock:

This is today's blog:
http://pixierabbitrescue.blogspot.com/2011/03/disaster-strikes.html

Please spare a moment and think of not only the people but the animal's who have and will loose their life before their time today!

I too think of the animals who loose their lives as well as humans in disasters :(

I remember when the news kept showing a video on a women ontop of a rooftop with her dog... she jumped to get ontop of another rooftop and she lost her dog in the water :cry: Broke my heart everytime they showed it.

I dont have a written 'plan' if a disater hits us, but i know i will think of my animals, and i will do my best to get them to safety as well as the rest of the family.

I think of the animals too :cry: I have plans on what to do with my pets if there's a fire or any other need to evacuate my house. I even keep glasses next to my frogs tank to scoop them in too.

I have ideas- i would do everything in my power to get them out before myself. I couldn't live with myself if i didn't try.

I have ideas- i would do everything in my power to get them out before myself. I couldn't live with myself if i didn't try.

I think i would be to take away if I didn't get them out.

all the poor animals in japan today :cry:

This is why I only want to ever live in a small house. My current house is perfect, there's one bedroom, and one door. It is very easy to evactuate in an emergency. I'd let the dogs out into the garden, grab the cats, and put the dogs and cats in the car. Then I'd try to get the hamsters and the fish, but the dogs and cats would come first. Thankfully, the buns and pigs are seperate outside and I would likely not bother too much for them in a rush, then go back for them with carriers.

Back