• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any rescues with space? Baby boom.....UPDATE POST 36

Tracy

Warren Veteran
I appreciate everyone is full to bursting, but just on the off-chance that someone does have space....

Celia at Kirkby Pet Welfare in Nottinghamshire has had telephone calls from people regarding two lots of rabbits that she is unable to take in herself as she is absolutely full. :(

There is a female with her litter of 9 babies who are six weeks old. I think there is a male with this group too, although he is separated from mum and babies. Have just heard from Celia that the people are keeping mum, so it will just be the 9 babies being handed over. They will still be handing over the father (being kept separately) who is around 6 months old.

The second lot are a group of 4 siblings who are seven months old. Unfortunately the sexes aren't known and they are living together as a group so there could well be pregnancies. :( Both parents (now being kept separately) are also being handed over.

Celia has persuaded the people to hang onto these rabbits for a few more days while she tries to find someone who can take them. Again it's the usual worry, that if someone doesn't take these rabbits off their hands quickly then they will either dump them or just release them.

I am more than happy to help out with transport, if there is anyone who can help.

Last edited:
:( :(

You know I can't help with these, but can sometimes squeeze in one or two oldies or special needs if Celia has any in atm?

Have you tried Andrea at RACR, she sometimes has the odd space for a rabbit?

Oh dear me :(

Let me see if I can squeeze any in.. Ive got Mojo going to foster soon so that will free up a hutch direct with me.. Indoor wise im stuck on space but could probably fit one in there (I am currently bonding 3 rabbits for someone at the moment but will have that cage free soon)

Let me me see what we can shuffle round, can defiantly take one if anyone transport for us?

Oh dear me :(

Let me see if I can squeeze any in.. Ive got Mojo going to foster soon so that will free up a hutch direct with me.. Indoor wise im stuck on space but could probably fit one in there (I am currently bonding 3 rabbits for someone at the moment but will have that cage free soon)

Let me me see what we can shuffle round, can defiantly take one if anyone transport for us?

I can definitely help with transport.

I've just spoken to Celia about something else and she's managed to find out exactly what rabbits are involved:

One group of 9 six week old babies - Celia thinks this could possibly be two litters as the people have two does (which they are keeping).

One 6 month old buck (father of the 9 babies)

Group of four 7 month old rabbits - sex not known so pregnancies a possibility

One doe (mother of the four 7 month old rabbits) - now single

One buck (father of the four 7 month old rabbits) - now single

Right.. we can take a bonded pair of small to medium to bunnies.. and 2 single small to medium bunnys if that helps? can anyone get them to us in Nottingham NG7 area?

I'm in Sheffield. I have a large out door emergency hutch for a short term foster if needed. Max 2 grown bunnies or mum and babies if babies small.

I can help with transport. I still have the two hutches empty from the Elksey rescue but at most could only keep them for a week or two.

ETA: Tracy if you do need my help then text because I prob won't be able to get back on here for a day or so.

Last edited:
Right.. we can take a bonded pair of small to medium to bunnies.. and 2 single small to medium bunnys if that helps? can anyone get them to us in Nottingham NG7 area?

I live in Nottingham NG7 so I can help with transport. I don't have any carriers or anything though I'm afraid so they would need to be provided.

Thanks Andrea and Rabswood.

I've listed exactly what rabbits are involved on post 4. Can you let me know which ones you think you could take.

I can help with transport. I still have the two hutches empty from the Elksey rescue but at most could only keep them for a week or two.

ETA: Tracy if you do need my help then text because I prob won't be able to get back on here for a day or so.

Thanks Suzanne - will text you if we need help.

Not really much help but my foster should be moving on in the next couple of weeks to be neutered so I'll have a space when he has gone. Of course downside being I'm in Newcastle!

Thanks Andrea and Rabswood.

I've listed exactly what rabbits are involved on post 4. Can you let me know which ones you think you could take.

Will pm you my phone number for you to give to Celia. I will take which ever bun/buns but just have the one 6ft hutch so can't seperate any sexes. Obviously if you can get them all fostered in Nottingham that would be better but I can help if desperate.

Ok, add to mine 2 more (my vet is able to foster for me too)

so 1 bonded pair
4x singles

I live in Nottingham NG7 so I can help with transport. I don't have any carriers or anything though I'm afraid so they would need to be provided.

Im in NG7 also :) Have cariers here so no worries there :)

Can someone tell us where to collect from and send details please and we can get this sorted out asap :)

Im in NG7 also :) Have cariers here so no worries there :)

Can someone tell us where to collect from and send details please and we can get this sorted out asap :)

Sorry, had trouble getting back on RU....don't know whether it was my end or RU playing up again.

I'll speak to Celia tomorrow morning. The rabbits are still with their current owners. One is in Shirebrook, I don't know where the other one is but I'm guessing it will be in the Mansfield area.

I think the plan would be that they would take them to Celia's and then we could move them on from there. This would give us a chance to sex them and split as necessary.

If the current owners won't take them to Celia's themselves and are expecting someone to collect them, I've told Celia that I'll do this.

Thanks everyone for offers of help. :)

Now worries.. will hear to back from you with further info tomorrow and go from there :) If im not online as sorting another rabbit into foster and hutch transfer etc.. please feel free to phone me on 07856076956 :)

Now worries.. will hear to back from you with further info tomorrow and go from there :) If im not online as sorting another rabbit into foster and hutch transfer etc.. please feel free to phone me on 07856076956 :)

Thanks Andrea :D

Back