• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here we go again Got her

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I am such a idiot I really give up, yet again Harper has got out. I went by on my hands and knees all along the fence to make sure there was no holes. Please don't tell me it's my own fault for letting her out again because I already feel the worst bunny owner in the world. She is so determined and is having a field day. I was out with her and Elliot and went in to the loo and my neighbour told me she just jumped onto the wheelbarrow and over.Yet again I can see her but she won't let me get her. What can I do???

Last edited:
What about using chicken wire along the boundary? If you bend it into a 90 degree angle and peg it down, Harper won't be able to squeeze underneath or through any gaps

What about using chicken wire along the boundary? If you bend it into a 90 degree angle and peg it down, Harper won't be able to squeeze underneath or through any gaps

I have reopend all the holes I filled in and she knows which gaps to run through in the other gardens,The gardens here are so big it's impossible to fence off a boundary area. It's hard to explain the set up, I know she knows her way back but will she do it? I feel absolutely awful:cry:

Got her and this is the last time I will ever have to write this thread she will have to have indoor free range time, thanks Amy for all your help:love::love:

Thank you:wave: I feel such a fool because I didn't think to move the wheelbarrow:oops: I will never let her get out again. My hubby is going to have a busy weekend building a big run.

She reminds me of my bridge bun Benjamin. He was the most determined rabbit I have ever seen, I even found him climbing a 6 foot high section of chicken wire so that he could get behind the shed where there was a gap to next doors garden. I used to think of him and his wifey bun Audrey as Pinky and the Brain (cartoon characters) as shewas pretty dopey and he used to plot his next attempt to escape thegarden and take over the world!!

You have my sympathies!! x

Back