• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fresh Grass or Readigrass ?

never tried readigrass:oops:

esme loves fresh grass. eric doesn't - prefers really stalky hay.

readigrass tho - it can't be unlimited can it (or am i thinking of the wrong stuff?)

Both go down a storm here, although i've not given fresh grass since late summer / early winter as we get really bad frosts here.

My two go mad for either real grass or ready grass :D I love to see them 'tuck in'! My little Pixie ran really fast down her ramp the other day and landed head first in a pile of ready grass, she looked up and had a face full of it stuck to her - I think she thought she was in heaven!! :lol:

:wave: My girls love both. They had their first fresh grass of the year this morning & were running round in cirlces like crazy things when I went to put it in :D

Mine prefer fresh grass but they'll eat readigrass through winter when they don't get to go out on the real grass.

My lot go mad for Readigrass to the point when I give them some they throw their bowls around so they can get to it faster :lol::lol:

Readigrass - only because Pie gets an upset stomach/messy bum when she has fresh grass. I think with all of her gut problems fresh grass is just too rich for her (?)

the fresh stuff is best but readigrass will do when there isn't much of the real stuff (like now)

mine have free ranged all winter and so get to nibble a tiny bit every day even when it was frosty - I'm assuming thats been ok as their tums are used to it and they only have a tiny nibble as there's hardly anything there just now

Fresh- most of mine won't eat readigrass! I wonder what is wrong with my lot ? They will leave a bowl full of it. They eat normal farm hay though.

Last edited:
Spenser has gone off readigrass and doesn't get fresh grass as we are still getting frosts regularly here.

Back