• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much hay does your rabbit get through a week? (kg)

How many kg of hay does your rabbit get through a week?(mutiple choice)

• No hay at all- i have a dental bun who can't eat it

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 500grams of hay

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 1kg hay ( speciality hay size bags)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2kg hay

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 3kg hay (pets at home(large) bags)

• 4kg hay

• 5kg hay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6kg hay ( two pets at home(large) size bags)

• 7kg hay

• 8kg hay

• 9kg hay 9 (3 pets at home(large) size bags)

• 10kg hay

• 11kg hay

• 12kg hay (4 pets at home (large) size bags)

• 13kg hay

• 14 kg hay

• 15kg hay Rectangle farm bale hay(smallest weight)

• 16kg hay

• 17kg hay

• 18kg hay ( 6 pets at home (large size bags))

• 19kg hay

• 20kg hay

• 21kg hay( Large rectangle farm bale weight)

• 22kg upwards+ ( large farm bale's+)

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
In Kilograms- i know most people feed unlimited- but if you could put an amount on it. How many kg worth of hay does your bunny get through in a week?

Please put how many rabbits you have and what amount roughly they eat between them..poll to follow.

Specialty hay is around 1kg ( i know you can get different sizes)
Pets at home bags are 3kg
A bale is between 15kg-21kg

p.s if you have a rabbit that doesn't eat any hay- please note this. As it's multiple choice, then choose again for other bunnies. If you have four buns for example- put the amount that all the buns eat combined in a week then note this in the thread that's what you have done.

Any questions let me know :)

Last edited:
Well if a bale is 15kg I estimate we get through about 3-4kg a week, but not all that gets eaten. So roughly 1kg a week each.

I clicked both 500g and 1kg for my bun. Its hard to tell as hes a fussy one so has 6 different types but I think its usually about 500g.

But since I got some Hay For Pets hay he has been eating it like theres no tomorrow so I reckon its about 1kg now! He's a big boy so its a good thing too. Brilliant stuff.

Our bales are 25kg.

We get through roughly one and a half between 20 of us. So maybe 1.5kg of hay each, give or take depending on the rabbit?

But, a lot of that is thrown away.

2 buns, ~2Kg's in just over a week :?

But again, as lots of others have said, a LOT of that is wasted.

I wouldn't have a clue as I use farm bales and sometimes have two different bales on the go, so I don't even know any more how long one bale lasts even. And I throw a huge amount away too. :?:?

Mine get through about a 1kg bag a week but not much of that is wasted as i'm too tight (skint :oops:) to spread it around, it goes in a bowl and a rack (ikea carrier bag holder) and pretty much all gets eaten :)

My guys go through around 1kg each. My rabbits favourite is the Supreme Meadow Hay, they pick up mouthfuls at a time and I have found it to be the brand that is eaten best rather than played with. I do have access to free hay at a friend's riding school but they don't like it so much and I use it for bedding!

Back