• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still feeling sad about Ambrose. Rest easy now. Estelle has found love once again.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
I know that I seem busy and excited with the idea of Frankie coming to live with Estelle and I, but,...........................and I know this is a normal reaction, I feel as if I am betraying Ambrose's memory.
I am not, as most of you will understand. Estelle's happiness is foremost in my mind.

This has happened before with bunnies, so it shouldn't come as a shock to me.

Just part and parcel of the grieving process.

However much we like to think we are resilient to such emotions over time,
we can still surprise ourselves, and probably will continue to do so.

Last edited:
I know what you mean - I'm sort of in the same boat.

When my OH bought me a camera for my birthday last week, I felt upset because I couldn't use it to take a picture of Penny.

But then thinking about what's best for Ollie I'm starting to look at suitable buns to match him up with for when his eye is better - then just like you I feel bad doing so.

But its not betrayal; its doing the right thing for the bunny left behind.

So I really hope it goes well for Estelle and Frankie.
x

Thank you for your understanding replies.

You don't find much information about having such feelings and emotions in books.

Thank goodness that RU is here for us.

It's a funny old world isn't it?

I'm still new to the bunny world, but I think Ambrose would want Estelle - and eventually you too - to find happiness in another bunny friend. :love:

I'm still new to the bunny world, but I think Ambrose would want Estelle - and eventually you too - to find happiness in another bunny friend. :love:

^^ yeah I agree.....no matter what animals (best friends they are indeed) we are parted from...we all grieve...animals & people a like......I think that trying to find friendship for those that have lost a loved one.....like with Estelle......is all you can do to make her less lonely....it never means our loved ones are forgotten...if anything they leave such a gap in our lives that its all we can do tolive on with their memories...hugs for you in this hard time.....:)

Ambrose, your little lady has once again found love.

You will always have a place in our hearts.

Estelle has so much love to give.

We can all rest easy now, knowing that she is happy and fulfilled again.

Back