• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do looks matter?

Do looks matter?

• Yes, they have to be seriously cute/beautiful!

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • They've got to stand out to me, even if they don't to others

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Not really bothered - personality is the important thing

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • I actually prefer a 'homely' bun!

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
My bunnies tend to choose me.

But when people adopt, the way a rabbit looks does influence their choice in a lot of situations.

Not in general. If I had space for a bun, and there were no other restrictions/considerations, I guess I might pick one that I found particularly beautiful - there is a rex in my local rescue atm who is looooooovely :love:

But until now there have always been other more important factors to consider :)

Well sometimes yes, and sometimes no!

When I bought one from a pet shop :)oops:), yes they did... as I honestly fell in love with her (Maud) and wouldn't leave with out her!
the same applies to Colin, I saw him at the rescue and fell in love :love:

But with Malc and Cilla I had them simply because they needed a forever home and I needed a husbun for Maud, and later a wife for Colin - but I dont love them any less, it's just that I didn't wait to find a bunny that *I* fell in love with ...just ones that the other buns would fall in love with.

I hope that makes sense??

I knew Pierre was the bun for me as he stood out to me. I guess he could be classed as one of the "pretty buns" but thats not why i got him.
When I rescue my wifey bun for him I'm looking solely on personality and how it would match to his

Sebastian I picked because no one wanted him, but I thought he was beautiful.
Mae I picked because she was a nethie, but she is also gorgeous :love:

Ive picked the second option because I wouldnt want a rabbit Im not happy with. To me looks also includes size :wave:

They sort of do - i dont think we can judge them on looks. I've met plenty of cute buns in my line of work who are not very friendly, for various reasons, and ones that aren't very attractive but really sweet and funny.
All 3 of my buns stood out to me, which is partly why i picked them, but their personality had to suit my needs too.
I have to admit I am not a fan of REWs in general, but probably because I know physiologically how bad it is to have red eyes, and there seem to be a lot of non-descript black with an odd bit of white bunnies in rescues that i can easily imagine getting overlooked because they kinda look mongrelly if you get me?! (i love mongrels btw)

with locksley he was in a litter of 2 i went to see them i said i wanted a boy, next week was told both bpys, i never got to choose which boy, im glad i didn;t i got the best bunny ever :love: he's not only got the looks, he has the personality and loves people soo much

with mabel, i just had to have her when i found out she had 2 white toes which she couldn't be shown with, although she would of made a good breeding doe, but they where glad she went to me in the end, even though the lady regretted saying i could have her afterwards :lol:

i love my buns :love:

with locksley he was in a litter of 2 i went to see them i said i wanted a boy, next week was told both bpys, i never got to choose which boy, im glad i didn;t i got the best bunny ever :love: he's not only got the looks, he has the personality and loves people soo much

with mabel, i just had to have her when i found out she had 2 white toes which she couldn't be shown with, although she would of made a good breeding doe, but they where glad she went to me in the end, even though the lady regretted saying i could have her afterwards :lol:

i love my buns :love:

Woah, you got a new bunny? I don't think I've heard of Mabel before?

I've never seen a bunny that isnt beautiful. So personality is WAY more important than looks.

I agree :)

Whenever I have gone out looking for a bun, I've always had an idea of what sort of I would like but never stuck to it. Although I just love rexes, personality is the most important factor as all buns are gorgeous :love:

whats a homely bun mean :oops:

It means ugly/plain looking.

To be honest I've seen rabbits that I'm sure even their mothers wouldn't say they were pretty :lol: but I rather took to them anyway - sort of a protective instinct cos they were such oddballs :lol:

So I would still adopt a bun even if it was "ugly" :)

Back