• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stupid rabbits have eaten my freezer...

mattyp

Warren Veteran
...cable! It is completely dead and is completely defrosted!

I have no idea how they got behind it because it was right up against the wall but they somehow managed to pull it out! Lord knows how they're still breathing and not deep fried!

A massive puddle of water and a bunch of wasted food.

Thanks bunnies :evil:

Oh no. Can you claim on house insurance for the food? None of buns have ever been in my kitchen. For some reason, they just never cross the line.

Bunnies will be bunnies.:lol:

I would imagine a high percentage of us will have suffered a major loss due to us slipping up and them taking advantage of that. All you can learn from it, and er, clean up. :lol:

Sorry, I feel my post was lacking sympathy. I do sympathise, but its funny when it happens to someone else.

ill never figure out how Pearl killed the aerial two months after her death.... bunnies deffo cant be called stupid :lol: :lol:

is it fixable? obviously not the food but the wire to the freezer, ste became quite good at soldering as Pearl was a terror for wires

Never underestimate a determined bunny rabbit!

Can you get the electric cord replaced rather than a whole new freezer?

Am hoping I can just get the cable replaced!

It is ridiculous, I had it blocked up with NIC cubes, but Maisie would lift it up with her teeth and then Marvin would crawl under!

We had no idea how much damage they had caused but blimey!! Why does it cable seem to taste so good?

I read once that they treat cables like roots they would find in the ground as they make their burrows. They have to chew through them and it is more instinct than anything. :roll:

They are infuriating at times, aren't they? I think there an awful lot of buns out there who have been as unpopular as yours are right now :lol::lol:

Ouch sorry that happened, thank goodness the bunnies are safe ;) The trouble is, once they know they want to get somewhere, they can be very very determined!

One of ours ate through the sub woofer cable on our surround sound system recently, so I feel your pain...mind you I think you have come off worse! Hope your insurance covers all the wasted food!

Oh dear, I don't think they are stupid maybe they are quite cunning and got fed up listening to the noise from it or the heat coming off it so sabotaged it, they are lucky to be alive and really it's a blessing in disguise - the freezer, the food are replaceable - are your rabbits? Only one person to blame soweeeee I always side with rabbits everytime :lol:

Oh dear, I don't think they are stupid maybe they are quite cunning and got fed up listening to the noise from it or the heat coming off it so sabotaged it, they are lucky to be alive and really it's a blessing in disguise - the freezer, the food are replaceable - are your rabbits? Only one person to blame soweeeee I always side with rabbits everytime :lol:

They definitely aren't stupid in terms of intelligence they figured out how to get the cables!
I don't care that much as we didn't have a lot in the freezer but am annoyed because I need to replace the freezer :lol:

They definitely aren't stupid in terms of intelligence they figured out how to get the cables!
I don't care that much as we didn't have a lot in the freezer but am annoyed because I need to replace the freezer :lol:

I do feel sorry in a way but, glad they are safe though - everything happens for a reason MattyP - for all you know the freezer was going to catch fire next week and burn the house down ;)

Bunnies will be bunnies.:lol:

I would imagine a high percentage of us will have suffered a major loss due to us slipping up and them taking advantage of that. All you can learn from it, and er, clean up. :lol:

Sorry, I feel my post was lacking sympathy. I do sympathise, but its funny when it happens to someone else.

I had to LOL at this HONEST reply.

So far my lot have wrecked my surround sound cables, telephones, hoovers, i-pods, leather sofa and all walls with wallpaper.

Still love them tho.

I do feel sorry in a way but, glad they are safe though - everything happens for a reason MattyP - for all you know the freezer was going to catch fire next week and burn the house down ;)

Haha quite possibly, but that would probably have been their fault also.

I can see the funny side of it its just annoying having to tell my parents that its broke after they're not big fans of the rabbits anyway :lol:

Back