• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fixed handle carriers?

nessar

Warren Veteran
My bun isnt a big fan of his carrier, he's fine in the car but whilst I'm walking with him he often wets himself. I try to keep it steady but I think its the motion that gets to him.

So I was thinking of getting one with a fixed handle or a handle that locks, I assume then it would be more steady? I mean something like this:
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=953&pf_id=52107

but it cant be that one because it will have to be around 58cm long, as it will be for my large bun & friend. Needs to be strong and the top needs to come off fairly easily. Preferably under £50?

Does the wire top open up or does the whole top open up, if that makes sense?

What's the handle like?

Is the top fairly strong? It will have maximum 7kg of buns in it, just a bit worried about that mesh top.

My bun isnt a big fan of his carrier, he's fine in the car but whilst I'm walking with him he often wets himself. I try to keep it steady but I think its the motion that gets to him.

So I was thinking of getting one with a fixed handle or a handle that locks, I assume then it would be more steady? I mean something like this:
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=953&pf_id=52107

but it cant be that one because it will have to be around 58cm long, as it will be for my large bun & friend. Needs to be strong and the top needs to come off fairly easily. Preferably under £50?

I have that carrier, it is great, so easy to get buns in and out of! The top is in two halves and opens in the middle so easy than just the mesh lifting.

I fit my four buns in!

I have that carrier, it is great, so easy to get buns in and out of! The top is in two halves and opens in the middle so easy than just the mesh lifting.

I fit my four buns in!

I think it will be a bit too small, although I love it. He has a 48cm one now and he can lie down but not stretch out or properly flop. So I need a bigger one if its going to be for 2 buns (although she will be small), as its going to have them in for about 5/6 hours on a long journey on the train.

Bumping this up!!

Any good carriers that are easy to take off/put back on the top? Fairly quickly? My one at the moment takes a good while. Got to be strong as may have to hold up to 6-7kg!

eta- must be bigger than the 48cm ones.

Back