• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging up toilet area??? Tidy bun becomes messy!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Honey used to be my clean and tidy bun, but since she's been back with Olly she's been digging all the hay out of their toilet area and just weeing on the paper underneath! It's so annoying cos then they stand in the wee instead of it being absorbed by the hay! Why has she started doing this, and will she ever be tidy again?? :?

Hopefully when she gets her routine back and can have a big run around and burn off some energy this will settle.

GrahamL has had a loooong battle with his Biscuit over this.

You might find ideas in his thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=255983&highlight=biscuit's+litter+tray+issues

(Sorry to jump in Graham, I just thought your thread should have most of the answers out there!!:wave:)

:love:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yup. Think we've been down most avenues!

Now we just have a Biscuit who digs occasionally, but we mainly know why most of the time and can cope with it now :)

Freedom makes bunny happy, most of the time :)

A strong routine is very important to Biscuit, if im out of the house at an irregular time and miss say, a feeding time, or a change of free-range area by an hour or so, i can put money on the fact that a lot of the litter tray will be across their dog crate (or my office as it could do also now, 2nd tray is up here).

Back