• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 x 3 playhouse

Hi,

What does anyone think of this playhouse?

http://www.gardeneco.co.uk/children...rce=base&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Base

This would be for Cloggs, and will have a run attached.

He currently has a 6ft x 2ft hutch with run attached but I would like to upgrade (making it better for him and easier for me).

Floss has a 6 x 4ft shed, but it's quite large and I'm not sure I want two of these on the patio and thought that a slightly smaller playhouse would be a good compromise. A lot of the playhouses I have seen (B&Q) etc are smaller at 4 x 4, but I don't think these offer the space I would like, but this one seems to fit the bill well.

It's either that or i did think of the Forsham really big hutch?

Or does anyone have any other specific reccomendations...?

Many thanks

Hannah & the Cloggstar!!

This is just my personal opinion but I think there is so much wasted space upwards (if that makes sense). The floor area is going to be similar to a 6 foot hutch, unless you are planning a mezanine floor type arrangement? it seems expensive for the same amount of space as a decent hutch...but mine are indoor buns so not an expert at all :D

I would put a shelf (or mezanine - which sounds much nicer), and an inner mesh stable door (much the same as i did for Floss's shed photos below)

16.jpg

H :)

You really could do lots with a playhouse like that. You could build a cupboard with a lid for the buns to jump on and off and also use it for storage etc too. Pop a cat flap in the side and attach to a run, the list is endless to what you can do. I'd love to get one for my buns but we only got their new hutch last year (I didn't even think of using a playhouse or shed then) so will have to wait until they wear the hutch out then I'll deffo go for a playhouse or shed. :D

Actually a 4 x 4 playhouse is a bigger square footage.

4 x 4 = 16

5 x 3 = 15

This is true, but I felt that the exta foot in length would give a greater number of "hops"?? But then a 4x4 play house is available quick cheaply in B&Q!

I suppose in comparison the Forsham hutch at 7.5 x 2.5 gives even larger area at: 18.75 sq foot!?

If the 4 x 4 from B & Q is good quality I would go with that and, as it is cheaper, you will have spare cash to do the improvements like the extra floor etc that others have suggested.

Back