• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A question while I consider my options

crazyames

Warren Scout
Usually when we visit my parents for the weekend we leave nextdoor in charge of Frank but she's away this weekend too. I was wondering if I should take him along with us as my parents still have the spare hutch I took with us at christmas.

The problem is, the journey is 2 1/2 hours and he'd only really have a day and a half to recover before he has to make the journey again. He was perfectly fine after the journey was made at christmas but there was a 2 week gap before we left again. I have biolipas and fibreplex in my bunnyaid box but would it be better if I asked someone else to feed and let him out while we're gone?

I think I'd feel better taking him along with us but it isn't really about what I want.

-edit-

Forgot to add that the rabbit vet in that area still has Frank's details.

How does he travel?

Me and Flash, and later me and Sky used to travel 150 miles regularly with only a day or two in between. They were comfortable and seasoned travellers and did fine with it.

He has a cat carrier which we make secure by wrapping the seat belt around it and we always put hay and water in which he munches on and drinks on the way.

Not really, he usually just gets annoyed that he's locked in a small space. As soon as the car slows he starts pulling at the door in a 'does this mean I get to come out' sort of way. In all fairness we probably make this worse when we let him stretch his legs in the back of the car when we stop at services.

Maybe a larger carrier or a small cage might help him trave a bit easier? The fact he doesn't stress is obviously an important factor in your decision.

I took my Kermit on holiday with me before, i just put his whole cage in the back of my car and he just roamed about it as we were driving.
If he travels well then a bigger carrier would maybe be better if he doesnt like being too confined.

Back