• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to "pluck" my bun?

rolo

Alpha Buck
At last my house bun has started to moult.

He has fluffy, dense fur and it seems to be getting everywhere.

The other day I groomed him (he hates it!!) and he took hours to calm down.

So, as I was stroking him later it tryed to pinch abit of loose fur from his head, he immediatley laid down, nudged for more and let me pluck bits off his head and face, it can out in handfuls!! This is a new thing, cos normally, he likes a fuss then hes off....but he sat and let me do it for about half an hour. And he purred!!!! I just pulled loose fur, but its coming out in chunks.

Is this the norm?? Its his first moult, hes about 9 months.

Thanks

Rach x

Your in the same boat as my Biscuit.

I've just pulled bucket loads from his cheek :shock:

If you can softly tease it out, it'll save him doing it, but just be VERY gentle not to pull any that isnt meant to come out! :)

I have to be sly doing it with Biscuit, she will run if she thinks I am moulting her :roll: If you can get him to sit for it then it can only be a good thing, just like being groomed by another bun :love:

When i first did this to Inca she would run away, but last night i was doing it and she was snuggled down to the ground and grinding her teeth :)

its fine as long as it comes out easily .. dont tug at it . ;)

:thumb: Or you'll end up with a bald bunny. :shock: :lol:

I do this with Alfie and Bubbles too - far less stressful than trying to get them to sit still while I brush them.

yes, mine are pretty good at grooming themselves but i can't resist a tufty bum :lol:
much to their disgust :roll:

Dudley likes his tufty look!! I have been told in no uncertain terms I must not pluck his tufty bum!! He put up with my sneaky attempts for a day or so then last time, he spun round and briefly put his teeth round my finger but didnt bite, then hopped off and glared at me :oops::lol: Daisy loves bum ruffles and is quite content to let me de-fuzz her :love:

I've been following Peanut around, stroking her and then sneakily pulling the tufts out her bum, after a while though she runs off in a huff. I feel bad that I'm annoying her but at the same time I know it's for her own good. I'm going to give her a profer brush this evening but I know there will still be more to pull out tomorrow. For such a small bun there is so much fur! She's probably going to be half the size she was :lol:

My loki is still annoyed with me after his 'waxing' - lil bun got himself entangled with a fly paper and had to have it pulled off.

Normally I find a few moulted fluffs that randomly need plucking as they gotten tangled, but at the moment he thinks i'm going to give him a brazilian or something...

Loki; just cos stoopid hoomin has a stoopid haircut doesnt mean I wants one too <stomp>

i do this with ours in the back garden, they wont sit and be brushed so I put a mat on the bin out back and they just lie down and let me pluck away! theres always a nice breeze blows round the back garden and you can just see loads of fur floating about its mad..they seem to enjoy it though and its deffo the best way to de-fluff them when moults come around :wave:

Back