• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hope you're ok little 'wildie'

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
took son to youth club in the next village last night and on the way back, a small bun darted part way across the road and froze.

nothing unusual - obviously i stopped and made sure bunbun got into the hedge at the other side of the road which leads to the huge playing field near my house.

thing is, this was the oddest looking 'wildie' i've ever seen. body shape, ears, colouring, stance.....that bun was a nethie. maybe a wildie crossed with a nethie - which i tried to convince myself of - but i wasn't sure.

so, 2 fruitless hours tramping around a field with a mobile phone as a torch. nothing.

eric's improvement has (i thought) helped me to relax a bit but i've barely slept thinking about this little bun. tiny ears, very pale golden/agouti/dainty feet.

probably being stupid but you know when you get that horrible gut instinct that something ain't right........ perhaps bun has been wild for ages and can fend for him/herself adequately:?

aaah bless - hope bunny is ok too...

The other day - I saw a wildie hopping about in the middle of the day on the verge where Ive seen loads of buns before...but not during the day....I often think back to the bun too and hope its ok....difficult isnt it...

Bless you for walking about looking for it....:love:

We bunny mummies......:roll::roll::roll:
Other folk just dont understand.Im sure the little one will be ok.xxxxx

Was he wild color as far as you could see?

thats the thing - he didn't look wild colour. more biscuit/gold than agouti and his ears were teeny.

(i used to have lots of wildies in the garden at my old house and spent hours watching them - this one was different:?).

Back