• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting?

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've read something on a rabbit website that's worried me a bit. It said that it's always best to get rabbits over 7 months old because that is when you can really see their personality and also a lot of rabbits start to bite at this age. Is that right? If they are neutered will that stop that? I am hopefully getting a pair of 5 month old rabbits that are neutered/spayed and they were so friendly and lovely when I met them at the rescue and I'm worried they're going to go crazy when they get to 7 months old :?

Personally I don't think so. You can see the type of personality from very young and as you are getting a pair that are already altered then you will be seeing their true personalities :)

I've never heard of this and hope someone with young neutered bunnies can allay your fears.:)
sue:wave:

Unneutered bunnies can sometimes bite once they get hormonal (approx 4 months males 6 months females) and are no longer the cuddly things they may have been as babies so maybe that is what they are on about. But from your perspective you are getting an already altered pair so shouldn't have this problem.

I think this is where rescues are great cos they can get to know the rabbit and see it's personality once it's been spayed. I don't think age has a bearing on these things but rather hormone levels, their past, their surroundings, etc does.

Back