• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

which vhd jab?

loulabell

Warren Scout
Hi guys,
I need to get my rabbits vhd jabs done asap!!
i've never had them done before because i was always to worried about the nasty side effects from the jab, however after reading lots about vhd and being educated on this forum, i now no the pros far out weigh the cons!!
so what i would like to know is which make vaccine has the least side affects?
also i've recently had 2 spayed how long should i leave it before i get them vaccinated.
Thay are all due myxi jabs this month so not sure what to have done first?
Any advice would be greatfully accepted. XX

Lapinject and the newest one Anivac are said to be the ones with the side effects.

Normally Nymo is done first, and then two weeks later, the VHD is done.

Lapinject and the newest one Anivac are said to be the ones with the side effects.

Normally Nymo is done first, and then two weeks later, the VHD is done.

so lapinject and anivac have the side effects?? i thought thay were the better ones. :?
is nymo the myxi jab? :? sorry for sounding a bit dumb.:)

so lapinject and anivac have the side effects?? i thought thay were the better ones. :?
is nymo the myxi jab? :? sorry for sounding a bit dumb.:)

Bloody hell, sorry. what a garbage post.

Let me try a translation.

Sky-O said:
Lapinject and the newest one Anivac are said to be the ones with the lesser side effects.

Normally Myxo is done first, and then two weeks later, the VHD is done.

That all said, mine had Cylap anyway. :lol:

Sorry for the errors.

Bloody hell, sorry. what a garbage post.

Let me try a translation.

That all said, mine had Cylap anyway. :lol:

Sorry for the errors.

:lol: no problem!! thank you for replying,
how long after the spay should i leave it before i get any vaccinations done?

Usually you would have the vaccinations done before the spay, so I'm not sure. Best speak to your vet about when would be a good time to get them done.

I've had both Lapinject and Anivac VHD vaccinations done without problems. I would be happy with either. I would use Cylap if it was the only one available, but prefer the other two if possible.

We use Cylap at our practice and on my own buns i havnt had any reactions.
With regards spay a week or so would be fine. You shud have a post op check anyway so when that is done you could book your VHD

Usually you would have the vaccinations done before the spay, so I'm not sure. Best speak to your vet about when would be a good time to get them done.

I've had both Lapinject and Anivac VHD vaccinations done without problems. I would be happy with either. I would use Cylap if it was the only one available, but prefer the other two if possible.

thats the problem my local vets dont even keep vhd vac "in stock" (not very rabbit savey!)
the vets i used to get my girls spayed use cylap but are happy to order lapinject in and its £4 cheaper than my local vet, just need to work out if its worth the 20 min drive. dont want to cause my buns any more stress than i have to. thank you for you replys. XX

i do not :)no:) reccomend the cylap jab as both my 2 buns got the vaccination: yesterday and are both limping and holding up their front paw.

Last edited:
Back