• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my OH thinks im mad....

shell1805

Mama Doe
ok, i was wondering if maybe he has a point. i called my OH on my lunch and told him i had booked the buns in at the vets. he said 'why? are they ok?' i then replied 'oh yeah they're fine, just thought i'd get them checked out as they havent been at the vets in a while'

:oops: i just dont want to miss anything if something was wrong..... is this weird???

honest opinions please :wave:

:oops:

xx

ok, i was wondering if maybe he has a point. i called my OH on my lunch and told him i had booked the buns in at the vets. he said 'why? are they ok?' i then replied 'oh yeah they're fine, just thought i'd get them checked out as they havent been at the vets in a while'

:oops: i just dont want to miss anything if something was wrong..... is this weird???

honest opinions please :wave:

:oops:

xx

Not weird at all. I call it a bunny MOT.

Best to have a little health check up every so often. Peace of mind I think.

Hope all goes well with the buns.

I've never done that with mine. They have a full health check every 6 months when they have their myxi jabs and I wouldn't take them otherwise(apart from the vhd jab)unless there was something wrong.

there is a scales at my vets on which you can weigh your pet, yourself which is free but I think you would have to pay for a consultation (35pounds at my vet).

I guess if they aren't stressed by the trip and you can afford it, that's fine.:)
it gets them used to the vets and they won't assume its for something bad if they go there when they're well.

sue:wave:

I like them to be checked over every so often but I just do it when they're vaccinated, it saves additional trips and expense (Skye hates being hauled around - and my arms hate carrying her, the big lump!)

If yours travel well though I guess it won't harm them :)

I've never done that with mine. They have a full health check every 6 months when they have their myxi jabs and I wouldn't take them otherwise(apart from the vhd jab)unless there was something wrong.

^^this. Mine have a good check up every 6 months with their vaccs. I do give them a check over myself though every week.

mine have their mot every 6 months with their jabs as well. :)

i check their ears and bottoms at least twice a week myself though! :?

I got a checkup done two days beforethere neutering (25/02) And everyone was telling me not too as they will check them over before the nutering anyhow but I still wanted to just to make sure everything was ok..

I dont think your mad LOL..

Though im going to get my guys there vaccianations, so when they get the vacinations every year then they can get there checkup..

Back