• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about rocky!

When i bought rocky he was always quite quiet and that is his nature. He is a lovely albeano bunny and turned 1 at the beginning of feburary, i got him out his hutch today to play with him and he seemed worst than ever.

When he was little i didn't handle him much neither did i with raisin and sometimes i still dont have alot of time. I feel like an aful owner and need to do something about it.

They are both really untame and hate been held, rocky is figity but will sit still after a while. He ran straight under the hutch today and i couldn't get him out. I don't think my two boys have been getting on very well reasently and i think rocky is just naturally scared of humans. Please help me tame them and make them love me again i need all the hints and tips possible thanks!

My bun has never been one to just sit with me she doesn't like being pick up at tall and much rather be on the floor running about doing her own thing, my friends rabbit on the other hand doesn't mind sitting with you and will stay there, I guess it really depends on the bun?

I intensely dislike the word 'tame' nowadays. What you want to do is to win his trust, but also be able to respect his lieks and dislikes too.

I have an info article on my website (link in my sig) called 'Bonding with your bunny' which may be of use to you.

When i bought rocky he was always quite quiet and that is his nature. He is a lovely albeano bunny and turned 1 at the beginning of feburary, i got him out his hutch today to play with him and he seemed worst than ever.

When he was little i didn't handle him much neither did i with raisin and sometimes i still dont have alot of time. I feel like an aful owner and need to do something about it.

They are both really untame and hate been held, rocky is figity but will sit still after a while. He ran straight under the hutch today and i couldn't get him out. I don't think my two boys have been getting on very well reasently and i think rocky is just naturally scared of humans. Please help me tame them and make them love me again i need all the hints and tips possible thanks!

Confused - thought Raisin was a girl(?) Are they indoors now - because you had lots of problems with foxes in the garden didn't you.

Yes i did have problems with a fox, But luckly i brought them in for a few days and now the fox has gone away. Raisin we thought was a girl until we got them both neutured and found out raisin was two a boy. Awquard, i wonder if they will live happily together. They are now two grown up boys

My Spenser often behaves in a way that suggests he is not at all at ease with human company. On the otherhand he's got a lot better over the 11 months I've had him. :) Some buns are naturally more nervous than others. I'm hoping neutering will help Spenser be more relaxed, but I'm not expecting him to turn into a cuddle bun. I've learned to accept him as he is, but I do love it when he allows me to stroke him. :love: When he's had enough he shakes his head, sits up and begins to wash the 'human' smell off! :roll::lol:

Back