• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Sooty Update p18

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Sooty wouldnt eat her pellets last night but would eat parsley, greens etc that I put in front of her so i thought I would see how she goes overnight (kept checking on her and wafting food under her nose she was hunched amd wouldnt move) and refused pellets which usually are pounced on the second I put them in.
Anyway I was fully expecting a vet trip this morning and thought i would see how the morning veg goes down - that was scoffed down! and then she started on the hay which went down well too - so whats wrong with the pellets?
I will see how tonight goes!!
If not vets tomorrow ... pellet eating vibes please.
Am I right not to panic too much as she is actually eating!

Last edited:
Hmmmm, pellets were the first thing Tinkerbell stopped eating when she had her teeth/jaw problems.

Maybe worth a vets visit if it continues?

Spenser went through a pahses of being off pelltes, but he is back on them (I changed to SS) and off veg now. Vibes for Sooty.

Sending pellet eating vibes for her. It might be worth getting her teeth looked at, have you tried her with any other hard foods?

Blackie would stop eating pellets if his teeth were playing up, but would eat them softened with warm water. Maybe this is worth a try?

Hope all is well and that Sooty is back scoffing the pellets tomorrow :)

I cant really tell as there are 4 of them :?

What comes out is as important as what goes in. Can you separate him for a short time to see if he is pooing? With ileus/GI stasis a Bun stops pooing/passes tiny hard poo BEFORE they stop eating.

:wave: Hi Kath, I think it's worth keeping an eye on her if it's out of character but, if she is eating hay and greens I'd be inclined not to panic personally, a lot of rabbits don't eat pellets at all and live on hay and greens so providing she is eating those and drinking (quite important) I'd go with observations - is she still taking a fenugreek crunchie?

Another bun might leave her a caecatroph to munch aswell if they sense she isn't tip top :mrgreen: Hope she'll be alright, don't stress out it's not good for you! When any of mine have gone into stasis it's been quite sudden and they do refuse everything.:) P.s have you got any brambles or dandelions?

Jasper was the same today! :? Thankfully he ate one when I gave it him but he totally ignored the bowl of food which is very unusual. :( I hope Sooty starts to eat again soon.

Thank you so much everyone.. Sooty attacked the pellets tonight with Gusto!! :roll::D

Im surprised shes hungry after all I have been feeding her all day, little madam was still in the same spot when I got up last night at 2am and 5am but ate what I gave her - she just didnt seem to want to move to eat, so I went bramble/dandelion picking with the dog first thing this morning. I wasnt panicking too much as she was eating - she ate a little of everything I gave her but not with so much enthusiasm as usual! I did also look for funny shaped poos and all were the same as usual.. Sooty and Charlies are very similar - I know Oreos (his are huge :lol:) and Mittens are smaller but anyway - there were no stasis or funny shaped poos.

I then had a thought that she might have injured a leg or something or be in pain :? so I gave her a few taps on the bum to get her moving and got her running about and she was ok but then resumed position under the bench..
She seemed fine tonight and was first to the pellet bowl as usual so things are looking good. I wont think we are out of the woods yet and will keep a close eye on her - thanks so much for the vibes :love:

Glad she's seeming better.:D They do like to worry us. Spenser seems to get fussier by the day, and to be honest I'm almost looking forward to his visit to the plum fairy and dental x-rays.

Thank you so much everyone.. Sooty attacked the pellets tonight with Gusto!! :roll::D

Im surprised shes hungry after all I have been feeding her all day, little madam was still in the same spot when I got up last night at 2am and 5am but ate what I gave her - she just didnt seem to want to move to eat, so I went bramble/dandelion picking with the dog first thing this morning. I wasnt panicking too much as she was eating - she ate a little of everything I gave her but not with so much enthusiasm as usual! I did also look for funny shaped poos and all were the same as usual.. Sooty and Charlies are very similar - I know Oreos (his are huge :lol:) and Mittens are smaller but anyway - there were no stasis or funny shaped poos.

I then had a thought that she might have injured a leg or something or be in pain :? so I gave her a few taps on the bum to get her moving and got her running about and she was ok but then resumed position under the bench..
She seemed fine tonight and was first to the pellet bowl as usual so things are looking good. I wont think we are out of the woods yet and will keep a close eye on her - thanks so much for the vibes :love:

Awww good news, hope she's still continued to get well and stop scaring mummeh!:no:

Back