• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toxic House Plants

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Does anyone have a link to a websites that lists what house plants are dangerous for bunnies??

I have an ivy plant and a palm in my living room - I'm pretty sure the ivy would be harmful but not sure about the palm.

Thanks, Jo x

Most house plants are toxic, I would remove all or move out of reach. I used to have loads but now have none apart from in the bathroom and thats only because my 2 don't go in there.
http://www.allearssac.org/pdf/poison.pdf

Thanks for the info, very handy to have ..... I usually remove them whenever the buns are in (there are only 2 in the living room) so will just carry on doing that then...... better to be safe than sorry, and even if one of them was safe, they'd probably only attack it! :lol:

I know the pollen from lilies is deadly poisonous to cats. they can brush against one in a vase and the pollen gets on their fur- then if they lick it off they are poisoned.

I don't know if its the same for bunnies but I never have lilies in the house or garden just in case.
sue:wave:

I had grown my own bonsai apple tree from seed. I left it on the low windowsill in my room to get some light. All Smoo left me was a root ball and one leaf...

So I'd remove them anyway or the buns will eat them and there would be no point having them in first place. :)

Back