• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Average price for run extension

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Im extending the buns run another 6ft by 4ft. Does anyone know roughly how much wood & galvanised mesh would cost??

I keep getting rather high quotes on websites for the mesh. :(

Not sure, but I found that the cheapest place for galvanised mesh was ScerwFix (I was lucky to get it in clearance) and wickes for wood. Easy enough to go onto the websites and cost it out! All the tools you really need is: saw, hammer, screwdriver, and a drill (pre-drilling is the best way to go).

Sorry I can't put a figure on it, I'm sure you could do an extension (I'm guessing you'll only need 2 sides and a top if you'd use the existing ends as it were. I would guess at £30 easy!

Hannah :)

If you buy the mesh on eBay I think you can get 30m for £60. You will probably need 10 - 15 metres. Wood is probably cheapest from your local timber yard.

Hi,
im bout to build a 5ft by 4ft run 4ft high as cant buy them this size, i have found the cheasest way to buy wood is local timer merchants at £0.85/m excl vat which you have to buy in 4.8m lenghs, i ordered 4 lengths its 2" by 2" which would be nice and strong, i found that the cheapest wire is a company called dieteck uk which sells weld mesh in different sizes and thicknesses, im going to order 1.2m (4ft) by 6m 16g 1" by 1/2" which is £36 incld p&p this would be enough for my dimensions as doing a solid roof which i will felt,
(6ft is 1.8m and 4ft is 1.2m so it depends if doing top and 2 ends to how much wire and wood you need)
Good Luck:)

Back