• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cecily Sweetpea

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Bless this little mite that has left us all so heartbroken.

I am too tired to write much but needless to say she has left an enormous hole in David and my lives having lived in our lounge with us since she arrived because she was too small and frail to live outside.

I had to take the awful decision to PTS. She had been seen several times over the past few weeks and we all felt that there was no fixing her. We didnt know how right we were until the PM.

She was not fully developed inside, with her kidneys being tinier than they should be and they were in chronic failure. They were atrophied.

She also had lungs that weren't right either and part of her caecum that controls the movement of contents was missing altogether. This may explain why she never flourished in her life and was so tiny, weighing in at just over 500g. She had an absorbtion problem that meant no matter how much she ate, she didn't get the goodness of the food. She ate constantly but she never gained weight. She couldn't eat any veg as her gut would never tolerate it and would cause her to have a very mucky bum straight afterwards, every time.

So, there was nothing we could have done to sort her out and she had always really been living on borrowed time. She is atleast reunited with her sister from whom she was parted when her sister died last year. This being the reason her owner didn't want her any more - his magic act needed a pair of white bunnies not just one:cry:

She went to the vets in Angus McWooly's lovely blankie so she was safe and warm and I held her while she went. I think she knew her body had given up on her and she didn't fight it.

I keep looking over my shoulder to see her and she's not there any more, she's missing and I can't believe she won't be coming back.

SadDay053.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry: She was just so wonderful :cry::cry: im so so glad she found you guys and knew happiness and love :love:
It doesnt make the pain any less I know :cry:
(((HUGS)))

Oh Helen thats so sad and has bought a tear to my eye and a big lump in my throat.

She was very very beautiful and very very lucky to have found you. She will take all those happy memories of her life with you to the Bridge.

Binky free gorgeous Cecily Sweetpea xx

Her story is heartbreaking! I really feel for you Helen.

That is a beautiful picture of Cecily,it doesn't show how very tiny she was.
May she be at peace now with her sister :love: Special ickle girlie :love:

Hugs to you and David x x x

She was obviously a very special little girlie who was greatly treasured during her short life. Binky free now.

She is so, so lucky that she ended up in your home. Realy, really lucky. She had love, and care and happiness despite the fact her body was a mess inside. I know you are filled with pain right now, and I'm so sorry for that, but for her, she got lucky. It makes me smile to know how much she would have gotten from you.

I will though, be thinking of you both and the huge hole made by a tiny bunny and the pain you're feeling. Look after yourselves.

A wee tear in my eye reading this. :cry: Thinking of you both at this sad time, but hopefully happier memories of her special time with you will be a comfort.:love: She actually came into my mind yesterday, although I was working late and didn't know you were about to lose her.

I'm so sorry. At Rainbow Bridge she's tiny and strong and healthy and she's having all the fruit and veg and treats she couldn't taste in her life. Goodbye, binky free sweet one. :love:

Such a special girl, and what a fighter. You were lucky to have found each other.

I feel so lucky to have met this very special little girl, and honoured to have shared snuggles with her, she was so happy and loved with you, at least she was warm, safe and so loved in her last months :love:

Thinking of you and David

My heart aches for you both....she was so beautiful....so very much loved and was meant to have found you......may she binky free xxxxx

Precious little lady.
She hung on in there as she wanted to have a chance at life,love and all she had from you.
Treasure her memory.I know I will and I never met the little rascal.xxxxxx

Beautiful baby x

If tears could make you all better, you would be here now.

Say hello to angus for me x x x

:'( So sorry to hear this.

The tireless work, and caring some you guys on here give amazes me :)
Sleep tight little one x

Back