• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need a home for my two rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently had to move house and have no suitable area for my two rabbits to run around and exercise. The other problem is I have just discovered that they are both male not male and female as I was originally told.
So they are both fighting when together and even when I separate them they try to reach each other to mate so they are not happy atall.
One is a lovely black and white mini lop shy but friendly and the other is a netherland dwarf black with brown trims very cute but very shy. Both are around 9 months old now.
They need to be rehomed separately, preferably with a good home where they can have some company of the opposite sex and some room to run around.
I live in clacton on Sea area and would love for these two to get a home where someone can spend more time with them.

I have pictures of them if anybody would like to see.

I think you need to PM SOAD and she will put the details on the Rabbits in Need section for you, that's very sad :(

Have you contacted any rescues to see if you can get them a place?

I'm sorry for the bunnies and apologise if I sound harsh but posts like this really annoy me. Complete lack of research or planning before getting the buns.

the males may be better if they were neutered! But if you haven't the space for them, then maybe rehoming would be better.

from my experience 2 males dont work well together. i had 2 and after they reached pubity i got them neutered but they never really sat together...luckkly i had a big hutch so there wasnt to many scraps.....what about if you go to a rescue explain your problem...they could maybe take one male and you could adopt a female companion for your male rabbits.

from my experience 2 males dont work well together. i had 2 and after they reached pubity i got them neutered but they never really sat together...luckkly i had a big hutch so there wasnt to many scraps.....what about if you go to a rescue explain your problem...they could maybe take one male and you could adopt a female companion for your male rabbits.

Thats a good idea :thumb:

I don't know, there have been a fair few male-male bonds. Whitehood is the one that springs to mind recently with his pair Lucky and Jack. He was planning on rehoming one and getting a female, but they are now bonded together.

Still, if you don't have space for them, it's probably best to rehome them. Neuter them yourself, and try and rehome them on here perhaps?

I'm sorry for the bunnies and apologise if I sound harsh but posts like this really annoy me. Complete lack of research or planning before getting the buns.

But to be fair, a lot of people don't realise that what they are being told by pet shops isn't accurate. Whatever circumstances lead to the bunnies needing a new home, it's not helping the bunnies to scare the OP away.

As I see it there are two issues:

1) The owner no longer has space, and this is the reason for rehoming.

2) The bunnies have both turned out to be male, meaning they need to either be neutered and perhaps rebonded or each rehomed separately with a female - this isn't the main reason for rehoming, but a factor that will affect what homes they go to.

To the OP, you can send a PM to SOAD and she will list the two bunnies on here for you. You can also put them on the rabbit Rehome database:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/

You will probably find that they will be adopted much quicker if you neuter and vaccinate them first. :) There is some guidance to help with rehoming your rabbits here too: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/rehomeadvice.asp

I would suggest getting them neutered and vaccinated yourself (if not already vaccinated) and then looking to adopt them out to someone. You can advertise on RIN (by PMing SOAD on the forum) and also the Rabbit Rehome site too.

I don't know, there have been a fair few male-male bonds. Whitehood is the one that springs to mind recently with his pair Lucky and Jack. He was planning on rehoming one and getting a female, but they are now bonded together.

Still, if you don't have space for them, it's probably best to rehome them. Neuter them yourself, and try and rehome them on here perhaps?

I have a male male bond and also several foursomes with two male/two female in each:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back