• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

otty dragging her back legs spine damage

longleap

New Kit
please read .... my mini lop had a fall and landed on her back, she had a fit and after could not move her back legs, i rushed her up to the vets, she had medacam and other jabs every day for a week and had to stay in a cat box for 2 weeks,I was told it was not much hope because i had to empty her bladder 4 times a day .....BUT a miracle happened she now after 2 weeks and one day she can tuck her legs under her body and is walking , she looks drunk and falls after 4/5 steps, but now can pee and poo herself and today she even had a go of doing a binky and is making a buzzing noise every time i open her cage, she now is in a small g.pig cage still on a vet bed .... so please do not put your bunny to sleep if it ever has a fall and has a spine injury.

My bunny BB came to me with this problem.He was going to have his neck rung, but I took him,went to the vets and after a bit of time,meds and care,(his back legs were paralysed due to a fall of about 4 feet and he was 9 weeks old), hes now absolutely fine and I love every hair on him.xxx

Yip, its amazing how muchthese little guys can get over, glad you worked with your bun to get him better x

Back