• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my old girl Sophie's time is near :o( she's gone :0(

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
My lovely Sophie is 8 now and has been getting worse over the last few weeks, she has always been a totally easy bunny to care for, in 8 years she has only ever been to the vets for her vaccs, conjuntivitis and a problem with her nail!

Over the last few weeks she has gotten progessively worse and just isn't herself anymore :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no, poor Sophie, she is so pretty too! :(
How is her temperament? Is she getting abit down now?

I hope she has a bit longer left in her but if the time comes I am very sorry. :cry:

Oh no, poor Sophie, she is so pretty too! :(
How is her temperament? Is she getting abit down now?

I hope she has a bit longer left in her but if the time comes I am very sorry. :cry:

Yeh, she doesn't seem to have any spirit left in her :( She always looks uncomfortable and isn't that bothered with her food:( She eats it eventually but a bowl of pellets last her the day.

I've had her since she was 8 weeks old :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeh, she doesn't seem to have any spirit left in her :( She always looks uncomfortable and isn't that bothered with her food:( She eats it eventually but a bowl of pellets last her the day.

I've had her since she was 8 weeks old :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe she has arthritic pain ? That can make an elderly Bun feel miserable. They can go off their food, become reluctant to move much and neglect grooming themselves. Daily Metacam could help if arthritis is a problem for her.

Dental problems can also occur in older Buns even if they have never had a Dental problem before and have been fed a good diet.

Oh no, what is wrong with her? She's absolutely beautiful!!

She just seems to have everything old age related unfortunately :( She is going blind (or has gone blind) she's getting incontinent (she has been 100% litter trained since she was 8 weeks old and has never had an accident outside of her tray) her breathing isn't great and she has lost a lot of weight :(

Jane, she doesn't seem to be in too much pain when she moves, I think it's just all the signs of old age has she has always been a totally healthy bunny :(

Maybe she has arthritic pain ? That can make an elderly Bun feel miserable. They can go off their food, become reluctant to move much and neglect grooming themselves. Daily Metacam could help if arthritis is a problem for her.

Dental problems can also occur in older Buns even if they have never had a Dental problem before and have been fed a good diet.

TBH unless she is a giant then 8 is really not that old - certainly not geriatric - and I would therefore see if anything that Jacks Jane has suggested might be bothering her. Perhaps her teeth or arthritis or she may have the start of a kidney problem.

I would take her to the vet for a really good check up and blood and urine tests before you think of PTS.

Some of mine at 9 or 10 have been zooming around the place!

She just seems to have everything old age related unfortunately :( She is going blind (or has gone blind) she's getting incontinent (she has been 100% litter trained since she was 8 weeks old and has never had an accident outside of her tray) her breathing isn't great and she has lost a lot of weight :(

Jane, she doesn't seem to be in too much pain when she moves, I think it's just all the signs of old age has she has always been a totally healthy bunny :(

Poss EC? Is the blindness in the form of white in the eyes?

I have always admired this lovely bun... she is gorgeous :love:
I do hope that she perks up again..... It must be heartbreaking for you to see her like this :cry:

Back