• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Butters!

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Got a new arrival coming in April. His name is Butter's, he's already neutered and vaccinated against Myxi thank fully and is coming from a good home. He's just over one year old and originally came from the pets at home adoption as he'd gotten too old (5 months) to be with other buns.

His female companion was found in a car park over four years ago and has pastuerlla. Lately she got worse and he fell out with her and they won't stay happy with each other. And the owner does not have the means to keep two separate rabbit's and wants what's best for Butters.

We just went to go meet him tonight, and he is a wonderful, healthy, happy bun.

We're quite sure he wont be here for long, no doubt he'll be reserved before getting here. Just thought I'd share a few photo's let you know how beautiful he is.

Now less talk more photo's:
182473_516304756833_286200102_695309_2400854_n.jpg

182473_516304766813_286200102_695311_2512520_n.jpg

182473_516304751843_286200102_695308_4738518_n.jpg

And here is he is with his old wife, bless.
182473_516304761823_286200102_695310_4252258_n.jpg

What a gorgeous colour! :) Handsome boy. Bet its great to have a vacc'd and neutered bun come in for a change.

What a gorgeous colour! :) Handsome boy. Bet its great to have a vacc'd and neutered bun come in for a change.

Very much so, I just have to get him in for his VHD.

A lil' question, if he's been in contact with a bun with pasturella does that mean he has it? And can only go with bun's who also have been in contact? If so that might mean he will be staying here a lil' longer. And how does pasturella spread?

Might be a lil' question I will be bugging my vet with. What's also good is the lady uses the exact same vets as us so getting his records will be very easy. :)

Not sure about the pasturella thing even though Carlisle has it. I think other buns can carry it without getting ill from it. None of my other buns show any signs of it and whether you can mix them is debated. Some buns like my Lilly who lives with him just don't get affected by it whereas obviously other buns can catch it. Snuffle buns are pretty common so rehoming him to be with snuffle buns would be ok since he's obviuosly got a good tolerence for it. He is beautiful I'd love to have him but until my lot become a foursome I can't commit to anything. If he's still there when they're all sorted I could maybe take him ;)

Not sure about the pasturella thing even though Carlisle has it. I think other buns can carry it without getting ill from it. None of my other buns show any signs of it and whether you can mix them is debated. Some buns like my Lilly who lives with him just don't get affected by it whereas obviously other buns can catch it. Snuffle buns are pretty common so rehoming him to be with snuffle buns would be ok since he's obviuosly got a good tolerence for it. He is beautiful I'd love to have him but until my lot become a foursome I can't commit to anything. If he's still there when they're all sorted I could maybe take him ;)

That would be lovely. Would you like some help bonding? We just need to finish painting the spare room then you'd be more than welcome to come over and we can try them. :)

I'm going to do it at home and probably sleep in my kitchen :roll: Nicola is going to come over for the first day so that if they fight we can pull the two most vulnerable buns (Lilly because of her lop ears and Carlisle because of his poor eyesight) out of the pen if it gets too bad and with Dexter being such a little madame i'm not really expecting too much. I'd love a bonded foursome but I'm realistic about my buns naughtiness and i've probably got about a 50/50 chance of the bond working. I need to see about de plumming the boys first as well and also the piggies are still in the kitchen until the better weather comes. I probably wont get to start the bonding for at least another two months.

I'm going to do it at home and probably sleep in my kitchen :roll: Nicola is going to come over for the first day so that if they fight we can pull the two most vulnerable buns (Lilly because of her lop ears and Carlisle because of his poor eyesight) out of the pen if it gets too bad and with Dexter being such a little madame i'm not really expecting too much. I'd love a bonded foursome but I'm realistic about my buns naughtiness and i've probably got about a 50/50 chance of the bond working. I need to see about de plumming the boys first as well and also the piggies are still in the kitchen until the better weather comes. I probably wont get to start the bonding for at least another two months.

Bless well he doesn't get here until middle of April. Good luck with the plum fairy though :lol: poor boys wont know what hit 'em.

If you need an extra hand with the bonding just ask. :)

I will do. TBH I'm really scared of getting the boys done. My last neuters went badly. I lost Jake (piggy) under anestetic and Bella (piggy) was never the same and died at the start of this year she was only about 4.

Also with Carlisle having snuffles I worry about him and anestetic :cry:

I will do. TBH I'm really scared of getting the boys done. My last neuters went badly. I lost Jake (piggy) under anestetic and Bella (piggy) was never the same and died at the start of this year she was only about 4.

Also with Carlisle having snuffles I worry about him and anestetic :cry:

Aww it's more difficult and at more risk the smaller the animal, a rabbit has a much higher survival rate than a guinea pig. (or so I've been told).

Bless him, I'm sure Carlisle will be fine, the vet won't put him under if he think's that he's at risk hun.

Back