• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet have run out of VHD vaccine

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Buzz is 2 weeks overdue on his VHD vaccine and I've had three tedious appointments where I've put him in a carrier and taken him down to the vet only to be told that they've run out and they're really sorry. Each time they've promised to get some more from the main satelitte about 15 miles away but they keep forgetting (or they don't have any.)

It's such a pain.

There's not a shortage of VHD as well as myxi is there?

Not that I've heard of.

They really should have checked first and phoned you. The first time I could understand, but three times?! Poor Buzz. I hope they get some soon, and then call you!

Dolly had her Myxo last week...haven't heard of a shortage.
Is there another vet they can recommend you go to as it's a routine vaccination??

sKY-o posted a thread a while ago about how there might be a shortage of myxi (temporarily)... and I just can't believe I've been back 3 times and they don't get it right.

An alternative vet is just a longer journey and they use Cylap and my buns have had bad reactions to it in the past...

Mine are booked in for Myxi Tuesday they didn't say anything about a shortage then :? Why not book yourself into Hook Norton on your next one.

My four had anivac on monday.

Your vets sound incompetent to me. Last year my vet ordered lapinject especially for me. It didn't arrive in time so they phone me up before the appointment and saved me wasting my time.

After it happening so many times I would write a letter of complaint to the directors :?

Back