• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxomatosis vaccination and snuffles..

Charlie has the snuffles at present and it is slowly coming under control it appears the baytril is eventually starting to work:)

So how long after he has recovered should I wait before getting his myxomatosis vaccination done, as he is due next month?
Luckily VHD was done last month right before Charlies snuffles.

Lola is off to have hers done so I am going to book Dougal in to get his too:wave:

Personally I'd give it a few weeks, and would only give him his vacc's if he is drinking, eating, pooping as per usual, and has no discharge and looks fit and well. The vet will let you know if he thinks Charlie is too unwell when you take him in.

His immunity must have been low when he had the vhd vacc, as it was probably that that allowed the snuffles to take hold.

I had three come down with snuffles this year post-vhd vacc - three buns I wouldn't normally give the vhd to as they have low immunity (but I had had exposure to vhd so couldn't risk it)

Myxo is the one vacc I don't like to delay, but I'd make sure he was completely clear for a good few weeks before risking it.

My Brian has got chronic snuffles. I can manage it and keep it to a fairly low level, but he sometimes has bad flare ups.

I just vaccinate when he is at his best, as I think it is more risky not to vaccinate at all.

Back