• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball did very well at the vets today :)

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
had snowball in for his myxi jab today.
very pleased with how well he did. thought the vet could perhaps have been a bit more gentle handling him, but that's probably me being overprotective ;)

he has no ear mites or anything
he has great teefs :D
the vet also said "wow, he has excellent muscle tone, how have you got him to be as healthy as that" :D i was pleased, felt like an awesome bunny mummy :)
he is in general, a very healthy bunny :)

he didn't flinch or jump when the needle went in either.

snowball is a very good boy :)

Some vets get a bit jittery around rabbits as they don't want them jumping off the vet table and hurting themselves, as they're known to do!

But well done snowball!

Aww! Well done snowball! Glad it all went well! :love:

My four are going for their Jabs on the 17th :shock:
They aren't going to be very happy bunnies :( :lol:
Ive never taken them all together before... this is going to be a first :shock:

Some vets get a bit jittery around rabbits as they don't want them jumping off the vet table and hurting themselves, as they're known to do!

But well done snowball!

My Toffee is the king of jumping off the table :shock: Right over our shoulders!
Naughty boy, but he does hates the vets because he seems to loose something :oops: First his plums and then his eye :( Poor boy x

Ahh thats good! I hope he got a treat for being such a good boy :)

I was told Barney has good muscle tone too, maybe its to do with being indoor buns? They tend to have a bit more space than outdoor (although some RU outdoor setups are huge) and I guess much more than your average bun stuck in a hutch all day.

ah, i never thought of that, you are probably right! to be fair though, he wasn't rough, just not as gentle as i am with him lol.

ooh good luck for the 17th - hope it goes well :)
aw poor toffee, no wonder he doesn't like it, bless him!

yeah, it was his myxy :)

he certainly did nessar, he got extra chocolate buttons :shock: he's only usually allowed 1 a week, but we had to wait in the vets for 25 minutes before appt. and there was a dog there, so he was kind of freaking out. had the buttons under the pram (still there from nantwich kath haha) so i opened them and let him have 3 :shock: seemed to calm him down :)

i never thought about him being an indoor bunny having something to do with it. you are probably right :)
i was really worried. he said "he's small isn't he." i said "wait what, is he underweight, am i not feeding him enough" and totally went off on one about his diet :oops:
he listened, then said no, actually, i meant he was a small breed :oops:

after the examination he was saying how great his muscle tone was, so i felt great then. i was a teeeeeny bit embarrassed ;)

yeah kath it was his myxy :)
they didn't weigh him or anything before they did it - is that normal? is it a standard dose they give for all sizes of bunny?

Ahh..well done Snowball. Good lad :wave:

You know when you say chocolate buttons? do you actually mean real chocolate? as it's toxic to bunnies. or are they bunny treats froma pet shop?

xx

Ahh..well done Snowball. Good lad :wave:

You know when you say chocolate buttons? do you actually mean real chocolate? as it's toxic to bunnies. or are they bunny treats froma pet shop?

xx

oh god no, not real chocolate, don't worry :)
it's the bunny chocolate buttons from asda.
i bought about 6 packets of the things before i brought snowball home. that was before i knew that there were healthier treats for them to have :)

he adores them though, i love watching him root around all snuffly when he has had one looking for more :lol:

Good boy Snowball and well done snowball's mum you are doing great:thumb:

thank you :)

Well done Snowball! :wave:

he says thank you and sends you licky kishes.
he says he might as well share them with those who appreciate bunny kisses, because his mummy bursts into laughter coz his whiskers tickle and he thinks it's very mean to laugh when he is being all loving ;)

oh god no, not real chocolate, don't worry :)
it's the bunny chocolate buttons from asda.
i bought about 6 packets of the things before i brought snowball home. that was before i knew that there were healthier treats for them to have :)

Ah okay :wave: sorry if I sounded rude but I thought..'ooo eck' when I read buttons lol! :wave:

Back