• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now my darling Sam is poorly!- u/d heart disease

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
After losing my very dear bunny teddy yesterday i just can't bear to see my gorgeous Sam ill:(
Sam hasn't been his usual self today and took him to the vet for a check. She said his breathing is laboured and has an irregular heartbeat. He has also had a wet nose for the past week or so. She said that is could be infection causing the symptoms but she seemed very concerned. She thinks it could be heart disease. He has had baytril and metacam and i'm taking him back tomorrow. We discussed possibly giving him a chest x-ray but want him to feel better before that would be considered due to the anisthetic.

Since i've brought him home he does seem happier as at the vet he looked so miserable. He is eating but isn't the usual greedy bun! my poor Sam I can't bear to have another seriously ill bunny:( it just isn't fair!!

I'm trying to be positive but it is so hard when you are grieving:(

Last edited:
I know how hard it is to be positive when you are grieving.

I am sure you know that it does get easier.

Take good care of yourself, and we hope that Sam starts to feel better very soon.

Sending lots of vibes for sam and I'm sorry for the loss of Teddy. Hope Sam perks up and it isn't as serious as you fear.

Its totally not fair for one of your buns to be poorly when you have only just lost one so sending lots of vibes for you and Sam

Hope he gets beeter soon":love::love:

sam has been kept in today for bloods and an xray as my vet was a bit concerned and wants to investigate. He is eating but not as greedily as usual and he seems very tired:(
have to wait now to see what she finds.

Sam has been staying at the vets to get all the meds he needs, he has heart failure but has perked up after his tests yesterday. I'm going to visit him again later...can't bare being apart!! hopefully he can come home tomorrow and he will get spoilt rotten.

Its so hard knowing i can't cure him after going through a similar thing with Teddy but i know i have to be strong and cherish the time i have left with Sam.

Well done for the positive attitude. :) Hope Sam benefits from your visit. How is his partner getting on? xx

Back