• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

summer house help!

DUTCH4

Young Bun
hello :wave:

Can anyone help i am thinking in moving rizzo my 4 year old dutch to a shed. I the shed that i am going to put him in has the sun on it all day and i am worried that he would get too hot in the summer.
how do you keep your rabbits cool in outside sheds any help and ideas would be great if you could add photos would be appreciated thanks :bunny:

Does your shed have windows? Do they open or can you replace with Mesh for ventilation?

Does it have electricity?If so we have put an electric fan in to help keep them cool.

Do you have an attached run - this way bunnies can escape the shed as and when they want?

I also use frozen water bottles wrapped in a towel so they can lie against them to cool off..

Just a few idea's :wave:

Does your shed have windows? Do they open or can you replace with Mesh for ventilation?

Does it have electricity?If so we have put an electric fan in to help keep them cool.
Do you have an attached run - this way bunnies can escape the shed as and when they want?
I also use frozen water bottles wrapped in a towel so they can lie against them to cool off..
Just a few idea's :wave:

I am going to replace my old shed with a new one as the old shed is storage for all of rizzo's toys. I am hoping to add a run onto the shed. I don't have any electricity to the shed, do you have a run on your shed was it hard to build as i am going to ask my dad to help me out thanks:love:

i put an inner mesh door on the shed so i can open the doors for fresh air, but they have a run attatched there in summer as well.

in the really hot weather i use ice pods and make sure both the shed and run have plenty of shade.

In the summer...i also froze big coke bottle and smaller bottles - wrapped in a towel for them to lay against too...also ice pods. Its also great if you buy a big slab of marble...it keeps cool and is great for them to lay on....may need a towel or something thin to wrap around if they slip or buy 2 slabs and put wood or something between them to help with something to grip on.

There may also be a reflective material you could put on the outside of the sunny side of the shed....like an awning or something that would reflect the sun away abit more.....
And big bowls of fresh water...and chuck icecubes in on the really hot days....:wave:

Back