• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to catch a bunny for a cuddle....

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
So......mum and I thought Butters could do with coming in for a cuddle/groom.

Mum set up the conservatory whilst I took the carry case out to get him. My usual routine is:

1. Shut the gate into his garden (cos if he legs it in there I can't get him)
2. Put the carry case by one end of his tunnel.
3. Tickle his bottom at the other end of the tunnels and he will run into the carry case.

Today he obviously did NOT want a cuddle.

I shut the gate, put the carry case in place, put the carrot patch toy to block the entry to the hutch upstairs (just in case he legged it that way) and got on my hands and knees to tickle him out.

I ended up having to move all his toys, water bowl downstairs box bedrooms as he would not oblige. Then he legged it up the ramp, threw the carrot patch out of the way and went into his upstairs bedroom.

I had to empty the food bowl, litter tray and bedroom from upstairs so that I could finally corner him :roll:

The whole of his side of the aviary was turned upside down!!!

I took Butters in so that mum could cuddle and play with him for a bit, and he had a lovely time, whilst I was having to put everything back in place in his house :roll: :lol:

WElcome to my world! The stress when Eric has a vet appt and he does exactly the same....I'm always dishevelled when we eventually get there.

Beige: Butters was only pretending to enjoy the cuddling. Bucks don't do cuddles. Cuddles is for does.

(Beige likes being cuddled, he closes his eyes and goes to sleep... but don't tell anybun :lol:)

Beige: Butters was only pretending to enjoy the cuddling. Bucks don't do cuddles. Cuddles is for does.

(Beige likes being cuddled, he closes his eyes and goes to sleep... but don't tell anybun :lol:)

Buttercup: Nanny has very comfy arms, and I have to admit I did have a little snuggly doze myself :oops:

Buttercup: Nanny has very comfy arms, and I have to admit I did have a little snuggly doze myself :oops:

Beige: Obvoiusly she caught you in a moment of weakness, I must admit I have been there myself but it has got something to do with being a one week old orphan and hand reared. I've bucked up a lot since then.

Big: He hasn't

Back