• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARRGHAGHAGAAAAH! The foster cat has given my bunnies fleeeaaas!

Zara

Mama Doe
Don't get me wrong, I love our latest foster cat, he's gentle, soft and cuddly with only three legs and is the only cat we've had that likes snuggling next to the bunnies on the sofa, but he's a magnet for parasites. Just last week he came in COVERED in ticks (I removed them and murdered them by flushing the down the toilet, they were massive! Flushy Death 4TW) obviously I've not been careful enough as I've just checked Batbunny over to find cat fleas all over him (oddly enough, there's none on Rascal. Yet)

right, in four hours I'm setting off to buy flea-treatments. I can't sleep anyway.

MAY THE FLEA MASSACRE COMMENCE! :evil:

Eeeeeeeeeew oh no! Fleas are horrible little things :evil:

Thank god theyre fairly easy to get rid of. Check your carpets and any fabrics where the puss has been by the way, the little critters get everywhere :evil:

Good luck :wave:

We found fleas a nightmare to get rid of.

But yes, treat the rabbits (Advantage is most recommended, steer well clear of Xenex), treat the area, and treat the cats very regularly.

Good luck.

I would speak to your vet about flea treating the house, as they like to lay in stuff like carpet pile/fabrics and wait :shock:

That's my one dread! years ago my friend's houserabbit got fleas and she never managed to get rid of them. They hid under her chin and places bunny doesn't want you to look. Eeeeek:roll:

Good luck!

Back