• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser and the crow!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
There was a nasty big brute of a crow eyeing up Spenser in his run today. :shock::( I shooed it away, but have made it clear that Spenser must not be left unattended in his run for even short periods. His run is a Trixie pen minus a panel (to fit the slabbed area) and I don't think the cover will fit properly (haven't had a chance to try it though). In the summer the full pen is on the grass, but we're having work done in the garden over the next few weeks so Spenser's main exercise area will be the conservatory.

Anyone else have bother with crows. Spenser wasn't at all bothered, but I don't think he sees that well. The crow was outside the run but barely a foot away from him as he pootled about.

Crows/Ravens are similar to Mag pies in the respect they're drawn to shiney or bright things aren't they? I may be wrong. Maybe it was his white coat he was interested in? Thumper scares our local birds on purpose by pouncing out when they're in the garden and watching them all scatter. It's funny to watch :)

Crows/Ravens are similar to Mag pies in the respect they're drawn to shiney or bright things aren't they? I may be wrong. Maybe it was his white coat he was interested in? Thumper scares our local birds on purpose by pouncing out when they're in the garden and watching them all scatter. It's funny to watch :)

They may be drawn to shiny things, but I think the offer of a captive meal would be more attractive:(

I have house buns so no need to worry. I guess just supervise him in his run:)

My cousin caught a crow trying to peck the eyes of her bunny once :shock: luckily the bun was ok.

There is a huge crow that has been sitting in the walnut tree behind our house, and he is bigger than my buns!! Luckily when they go out they'll be in an aviary to keep him out!

I've not had problems with crows but it would scare the pants off me too. :shock:

I would try pegging a sheet over the top as Wendy suggested and keep a close watch on him - if the crow can see the top is blocked, he's not likely to try I don't think.

We used to get magpies, crows and seagulls. Hosepipes and water sprays come in handy to scare them off.

:wave:

Thanks for tips. It was horrible seeing such a big bird eyeing up Spenser, who was bobbing about quite oblivious and unconcerned.

:shock: Scary stuff! Not had crows in the garden, but I often caught the magpies sneaking up behind Loxxy. Not sure what they were after - just the fluff maybe, I don't know, I didn't give them time to find out!

Back