• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues/Sanctuaries- Adoption forms/Packs- Rehoming Aggressive Buns?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
What does anyone do if you have an aggressive bun for rehoming- do you have an indemnity clause incase the client trys to sue?

Also does anyone have any adoption form examples and packs that you send out with bunnies? I'm developing one but some ideas of what to include would be very much appreciated so that i can give the best information possible to go with the new prospective owner.

Many Thanks xxx

p.s Anything i've missed?

What does anyone do if you have an aggressive bun for rehoming- do you have an indemnity clause incase the client trys to sue?

Also does anyone have any adoption form examples and packs that you send out with bunnies? I'm developing one but some ideas of what to include would be very much appreciated so that i can give the best information possible to go with the new prospective owner.

Many Thanks xxx

p.s Anything i've missed?

Loads of info here about adoption forms:)
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=120390

Brill thanks- anything on aggressive bunnys- re indemnity- As if the buns hurts the new prospective owner there may be liability issues?

Brill thanks- anything on aggressive bunnys- re indemnity- As if the buns hurts the new prospective owner there may be liability issues?

I doubt any rescues here have anything like that, you will tell the owner about their temptement, what else can you do. I can't imagine an owner suing because a bunny bit them? Plus you probably shouldn't rehome an aggressive bun to an inexperienced owner.

I doubt any rescues here have anything like that, you will tell the owner about their temptement, what else can you do. I can't imagine an owner suing because a bunny bit them? Plus you probably shouldn't rehome an aggressive bun to an inexperienced owner.

Yes i just wondered if it did happen- does seem unlikely- but it's been known that pasturella has been spread through bite- and one guy died of it , which is very rare also. So you never know what legal complaints may crop up even with someone experienced. I'm just trying to cover everything.

Yes i just wondered if it did happen- does seem unlikely- but it's been known that pasturella has been spread through bite- and one guy died of it , which is very rare also. So you never know what legal complaints may crop up even with someone experienced. I'm just trying to cover everything.

Thats scary!! I suppose its the kind of thing that you would put in any advert listing for that particular bun so maybe keep a copy of each one?

If you are concerned about stuff like this, then have a space on your form saying something like 'I, the adopter' have been made aware of the following information about the rabbit/s I am adopting' and then have a space to bullet point any issues like aggression, illness, behavioural issues, etc. And then that can be before they sign the bottom of the form.

We have never rehomed the truly aggressive buns.

We have a couple who are what I think you could accurately describe as aggressive at the sanctuary,and to be honest, if they're that bad, you never find anyone who wants them anyway:lol:

The only aggressive buns that have left the sanctuary are the foster buns that I have here - and that is on a foster basis only (although they'll stay here for the rest of their lives)

There are lots of people (like me) who like animals with attitude though, and I would happily adopt an "aggressive" bun, but I think you're right to think of putting something in your adoption form that makes it clear that the new owners are fully aware of the behaviour.

Back