• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

had to let teddy go today

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
I had to say goodbye to my dearest old boy Teddy today:(:(
he was diagnoised with kidney failure 6 months ago and had been doing really well until he had to have a dental a couple of weeks back. He'd picked up again but then took a turn for the worse today. I nursed him all weekend and last night he seemed much brighter. I found him lying on his side this morning and he was so weak and i just knew it was time....
my vet did say we could try putting him on a drip but we both knew deep down it was time for him to go and i made the heart wrenching decision to say goodbye. He's had a happy extra 6 months and it wouldn't have been fair to let him suffer. He went peacefully with me stroking him:( He was such a cuddle bunny and i have had 5 wonderful years with him...gonna miss my teddy bear and my heart aches for him. will do a tribute for him when i can stop crying!
indoors1.jpg

Teddy was such a beautiful bunny!

I'm so sorry that you lost him today. Its so clear you love him deeply, and he is so lucky to have been in your good care.

binky Free Teddy.

Aw he is gorgeous, but I'm sure you did the right thing, which took a lot of courage :cry:

So sorry, he was a beautiful boy. You made the best decision for him, which is what is always important.
Hugs to you. xxx

He was so handsome. I am really sorry you had to make this heartbreaking decision and am so sorry for your loss. :cry: x

I am so, so sorry Lisa :cry::cry::cry: Teddy was such a brave wee fella - you made a very selfless decision to let him go. Thinking of you at this sad & difficult time xxxx

So very sorry - you did such a brave thing. We are struggling with this right now and it is so hard to decide when they have had enough - kidney failure is so insidious.

thank you all for your kind messages...means so much. After having to make decisions like this before i knew that i would know when the time was right...you think you won't but you somehow just do!

I'd been telling Teddy that he had to stay a while longer as we always sat in the sunshine together..i so wanted him to have the summer with me. This morning when i found him the sun was shining on him through the window and we cuddled in the sun and even the sun was shining on him in the pet carrier as we walked up to the vets...i took that as a sign..our last moments in the sun together.

I came home and sat in the gorgeous sunshine all afternoon watching the other bunnies play...i missed having teddy by my side but i like to think the sun was shining for him....

Back