• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Jumped on pigeon

Bundinki

Warren Scout
Hi I just wondered if anyone has had any similar, strange bunny antics.:shock:

My boy bunny Alfie was caught by my OH charging at and double barrelling a poor pigeon last week :oops: Apparently the pidgeon had it's back to him and was simply eating bits of bird seed off the ground when Alfie charged at him from about 15 ft away. I came home, saw feathers everywhere and thought the worst of our neighbours cat, if my OH hadn't have seen it himself I would NOT have thought a bun would do that. Obviously not happy at sharing the bird seed with the birds :lol::lol: He is very confident and will stand his ground. Poor birdies

Has your bunny been neutered yet? I have heard of buns doing things like this when they are very ready to be de-plummed!

One of mine did that to the neighbours cat :shock: needless to say it never came back... And she is neutered!!

Yes he has been neutered, lives free range during the day in the garden. Just seen him now jump from the top part of the garden down 3 ft onto the bottom grass to fiend off a black bird, ears up and did a jackie chan leap to land near the black bird who flew off just before he landed :shock: n Don't think my bunneh likes da dickie birdies:oops::oops: He is a little confident me thinks :love:

birds are usually packed with lice/mites/fleas - sorry for pointing this out if your already aware :lol:
just another reason to be up to date with vaccs :wave:

Frisky (Rest in Peace) used to run around our back garden when i was little. She free-ranged in the garden when we were about occasionally.

A cat came into the garden once, we raced to chase the cat off, but there really was no need. I stood there, the cat walked towards her, went to sniff her and she boxed her so hard the cat bolted so hard and fast. She came back about 5 minutes later and Frisky went for her, like, lunged! :shock:

I remember it well. Like it was yesterday.

Never mess with an unspayed female in spring :lol:

Back