• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daft dandelion question..

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
I'm thinking of ideas of things to grow in a box for the buns when they finally get bonded and are in their playhouse/aviary.

We have dandelions already, and lots around the area, but I was thinking, to grow more in a box for them do you just have to plant the seeds from them when the flowers turn to those fluffy heads?? The ones that you'd get told off for blowing when you were a kid, being told loads more would grow everywhere??

I'm actually embarrassed to say that at age 29, I don't know if it's true or an old wives tale :oops::oops::lol:

How quickly do they grow aswell?

Thanks in advance!

ok i'm nearly 40 and found i wasn't sure myself! :oops:

i know the fluffy 'clocks' are the seeds so i would imagine yes thats how you grow them (people normally want rid !)

i am doing something similar with some herbs, fast growing ones like basil and mint that also spread but still don't think i can grow them as fast as my 3 eat them.. :lol:

Aah thank you :oops:

I think buying a pack of the seeds on ebay is the way forward, for such a little cost it would save an awful lot of time!! :lol:

i have dandelion seeds in ebay shop 99p for approx 3,600 seeds!
also a really good grazing mix of 16 types of grass for £1.60, there's 50gms in this mix=millions of seed :D

Back