• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i can't get matt to calm down

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
matt was sat by the back doors looking outside and the stray cat jumped over the fence into the garden and matt ran away thumping. i can't get him to stop though. he's been thumping for 15mins. he's under his stool all wide eyed and thumping. :(

bisc got scared because matt was but he's ok now, just anxious because matt is.

this summer is just going to be a nightmare. :(

he's running round the room thumping now. i gave him some probiotics and he ate those whilst thumping.

i don't know what to do. :(

Firstly, calm down :wave:

They'll pick up on how your feeling, you know this deep down. Take a step back and walk away for a moment, let it all calm down.

He's doing whats perfectly natural, he's warning his bonded partner and probably you (as a bonded human) that there is possible danger around.

Walk away for a bit, keep calm and then come back.

If Biscuit sees a cat, he'll be stamping like a lunatic for a good hour or so. I have videos to prove it.

I know you are probably worrying because he'll get himself out of breath, but he'll stop when he feels its safe to.

Big hugs.

Aww! Poor lovely!

He might feel better if he's in his hutch and hiding away. Might be worth popping him in for a bit.

Bless, in his little head he's got a wifey and piggies to warn and is just making sure they're ok.

He'll calm down in a bit.

xx

Firstly, calm down :wave:

They'll pick up on how your feeling, you know this deep down. Take a step back and walk away for a moment, let it all calm down.

He's doing whats perfectly natural, he's warning his bonded partner and probably you (as a bonded human) that there is possible danger around.

Walk away for a bit, keep calm and then come back.

If Biscuit sees a cat, he'll be stamping like a lunatic for a good hour or so. I have videos to prove it.

I know you are probably worrying because he'll get himself out of breath, but he'll stop when he feels its safe to.

Big hugs.

yes, you're right, thank you.

i was trying to reassure him so probably just confirmed there was something to be worried about.

he's thumping still but he's not hiding anymore. it's veggie time soon so i will just get on with doing that as normal.

next door have starting hanging food out for the birds so the cat keeps coming in the garden alot.

hell be ok hun, you just need to calm down yourself or he will keep feeling he needs to protect his family.

Alvin thumps during the night and i find if ignore him he soon settles but if i go to see what the emergency is it goes on for longer :roll:

Aww! Poor lovely!

He might feel better if he's in his hutch and hiding away. Might be worth popping him in for a bit.

Bless, in his little head he's got a wifey and piggies to warn and is just making sure they're ok.

He'll calm down in a bit.

xx

he ran straight in his cage and hid at first then came back out and hid under his stool. he's out again now, he's eaten and been to the loo, whilst thumping inbetween.

don't let bisc hear you call him a wife!! :lol:

x

hell be ok hun, you just need to calm down yourself or he will keep feeling he needs to protect his family.

Alvin thumps during the night and i find if ignore him he soon settles but if i go to see what the emergency is it goes on for longer :roll:

that's what i did, got up and went to the door to see what was wrong, then i tapped on the window and the cat ran away. think it's scared of me from when it came in the garden last summer and i screamed. :oops:

x

he ran straight in his cage and hid at first then came back out and hid under his stool. he's out again now, he's eaten and been to the loo, whilst thumping inbetween.

don't let bisc hear you call him a wife!! :lol:

x

:shock: Sorry Mr Bisc!! :oops:

If he's eating and pooping, he's ok.

I'd keep a water spray handy so you can give the cat a shock. It won't harm it, but it will make it go away (my dear daddy used to get the hosepipe on cats and I seem to remember him throwing a bar of soap at one in the middle of the night because he couldn't get downstairs in time! :shock: He was a bit overprotective of the buns...)

Sending relaxing, no fear vibes to Matt.

:love:

:shock: Sorry Mr Bisc!! :oops:

If he's eating and pooping, he's ok.

I'd keep a water spray handy so you can give the cat a shock. It won't harm it, but it will make it go away (my dear daddy used to get the hosepipe on cats and I seem to remember him throwing a bar of soap at one in the middle of the night because he couldn't get downstairs in time! :shock: He was a bit overprotective of the buns...)

Sending relaxing, no fear vibes to Matt.

:love:

mr bisc says you are forgiven! although this isn't the first time he has been called a lady!! :lol:

well he's going longer between thumps now.

aw, bless your dad. :love:

it's not maisie, it's ches this time.

they must be scared then. :(

Matt's alerted them bless.

Dear Matt, you are doing an excellent job of protecting your warren, but you are ok now so there's no need to be a dramabun.

Would a snugglesafe help? Make them feel cosy?

Poor darlings. Poor you!:wave:

Matt's alerted them bless.

Dear Matt, you are doing an excellent job of protecting your warren, but you are ok now so there's no need to be a dramabun.

Would a snugglesafe help? Make them feel cosy?

Poor darlings. Poor you!:wave:

:lol: i just told him but he looked at me with a blank expression! :lol:

poor piggies. i always wondered why they chirped and it must be fear. :( maisie chirped a few times a while ago, but it was ches this time. bless them.

x

My dad's not a cat person. He doesn't trust them!! :lol:

when bisc and matt lived outside in their shed they were bothered by certain cats but not by others. :?

this one is a stray though so they must sense it wants food! :shock:

mine were thumping at about 2am saturday morning... OH went down to see what was wrong and they sat all angelic looking at him as if to say .. what?? :roll:

mine were thumping at about 2am saturday morning... OH went down to see what was wrong and they sat all angelic looking at him as if to say .. what?? :roll:

naughty bunnies :no: :lol:

sometimes they thump through the night, like in their sleep. :?

Back