• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball's injections - argh

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
had an appointment for snowballs first jab today at 4.30

i set off nice and early and got there at about 4.10 only to find the vets shuttered and closed.

rang up and it went straight through to nun house vets
(should explain. we have 2 vets - the willows and nun house. nun house has a second practice on woodford lane which is near my house)

i decided to get the injections at nun house (the practice on woodford lane) because it was closer to mine and thought for a non essential thing, it would be closer and less stressful for snowball.

anyhow. rang up and they said it had been booked in for nun house practice. that's the other end of town. it's a bus ride away - if i wanted to take a bus, i would have got him done at the willows, a rabbit savvy vet!!!!!!!!!!!!

i said i couldn't get there, so now i have to wait until tomorrow. apparantly the appointments at woodford dont start til 6 which is why it was shuttered.
got the appointment for tomorrow at 6pm at woodford lane.

it's not the point though, i deliberately wanted to avoid stress for snowball. now i am having to drag him out a second time.
]
think i will stick to the willows in future! might not have been happy with how things went on the day of his neuter, but can't deny that they have been amazing with him post op and they were great with snowballs ear too!

im really annoyed with nun house vets.
i know it's an easy mistake to make, she said that when woodford lane is closed, calls go straigh to the nun house branch - but if you ring the right number, you don't expect to have to say which practice you are ringing

oops, scuse the long post and rant :s

I hate mix ups over the phone. It's why I hate ringing people so much! I take it you weren't even apologised to?

I hate mix ups over the phone. It's why I hate ringing people so much! I take it you weren't even apologised to?

nope :evil:
sort of made it out to be my fault.

i know that mistakes happen and i can understand how it happened, so i can't be mad, it's my fault too really.
but still - if they have 2 practices with a seperate number for each, you shouldn't ring the practice you want and then have to explain which vets you want to see.

think next time it's time for his injections i will just go straight to the willows. know it's further, but this has been more stressful for snowball than the willows would have been!

Back