• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timid BB

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Why?? He lives indoors with me and his sister,Lily-Shane.I treat them the same,Lily is a little sweetie around me yet hes like Scared witless and hides alot.I talk to him the same way as I talk to Lily,handle them the same etc etc.What can I do??

My Jess is like that:( She freaks when i go in the shed, runs away all the time. I never get to give her nose rubs, but yet she is fab to handle and at the vets:roll: I have had her for two years now, i have just resigned myself that she is happy, looked after but not a people person:)

When does he normal hide, does he run and hide when you walk past or when you reach out to stroke him? Does he ever come up to you if you're sat on the floor at all?

When does he normal hide, does he run and hide when you walk past or when you reach out to stroke him? Does he ever come up to you if you're sat on the floor at all?

Hes in the hide most of the time, if hes not, then he will run into the hide.He freezes if I stroke him, but once hes on my lap, I can groom and make a fuss and he just doesnt do anything.If hes on the bed with me,he will snuggle up close, or wander, quite relaxed.
Lily, however is the opposite.She clangs the bowls if she wants food,runs round the bowls, looks up at me, will let me pick her up and make a fuss.Looks at me if Im in the room...shes so different to him.

I'm not sure im the best person to advise so maybe someone with more experience might be able to explain possible reasons, all i can think of doing is eliminating certain things. How long have you had him and has he always been like this? Was he recently bonded with Lily or recently been neutered? What was his past like if he had one, bad that is? Also what is the relationship like with Lily, is she the bossy dominant one for instance? It could just be a personality thing and he's just a more nervous bun? It could also be a certain smell, I'm not sure if buns, like humans, react to smells in different ways, maybe he dislikes the smell of something that Lily is ok with?

Sorry for the questions but it might help to work out what it might be.

I guess all buns are different. :) Spenser isn't a people person, although he will accept being stroke if all four pawing are on the ground, hutch floor (or even better on the couch). My rabbit nephew is the opposite - loves and craves human attention.

Back