• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ads...some make me laugh

cloughie

Banned
Note: light hearted thread about the wording people use in their free ads...please no posting links to ads (that is norty :lol:) or posting anti free ad comments...etc etc :wave:

Just a laugh at/ moan at really at how some people seem to think that rehoming a rabbit is like getting rid of an old piece of furninture what with the wording the use in the ad and how they add a fee to it hoping to get some money back on 'the item for sale'.

I saw an ad that made me laugh...a breeder rehoming a doe she recently acquired because the bun 'doesn't eat the same food as the others' and she wants the bun to go to someone who has the time to try different foods. The ad quotes that 'she likes veg, fruit and hay'...surely (all bar the fruit) just veg and hay is a satisfactory diet for a bun...do the really need commercial feed? :?

Quite a few add quoted 'I am getting rid of'...:shock:...how can someone write that it just sounds nasty doesn't it...:lol:

I love reading through the non pet based adverts for amusingly worded adverts, seen some epic ones on ebay. You get some people that clearly have no clue about what they are intending to sell, or some that Im not sure were in a fit state to be typing an ad when they did, or some that I just think Wha? I try not to read pet ones because I feel sorry and want them, and I cant have any more til Im working and in my own house again.

Back